Fit like loons?

Wizard of the Moor

I dare say that some of you will recognise me from various corners of the Interweb. There certainly seem to be more than a few well kent names on here.

As for me, well I retain a Glaswegian outlook on life, despite now living in Yorkshire. My modelling interests are P4, mostly Scottish, mostly 20th century. Wagons are more interesting than locos, and setting up a job on the lathe is more interesting than browsing for online bargains.

A particular rundown and decidedly unglamourous corner of Aberdeen is my current inspiration.

Corner.jpg

Dog Star

Western Thunderer
Great appearance of the permanent way and of the lineside vegetation.

The bolster looks good as does the load, how is the load secured?

BTW, welcome to the Tea and Tiffin Cafe. Seats in all prices, comfy cushions available upon request. Brownie points come with Pikkies.

regards, Graham Beare

Colin M

Western Thunderer
Welcome!

Good looking trackwork. Skip lorry looks interesting. Please show us more... :thumbs:

Colin

Wizard of the Moor

Thanks for the welcome, folks!

@Graham: The bolster load is not secured, yet. That's one of the jobs to do before Scalefour North in April.

@Colin: The skip lorry is a Langley kit built straight from the box.

Skip_Lorry_Rear.png

Skip_lorry_Front.png

It's a bit too late for my period, but it'll do until something better comes along. It's notable on a personal level for being the first kit of any sort that I actually finished...;)

iak63

Western Thunderer
Well hallo there James.
This forum is all the richer with one here.

Cue wagon naughtiness.

JimG

Western Thunderer
Welcome James - love the photo at the top :thumbs:

Note to Flying Squad: Translation software required urgently! :))

If that's a North East Scotland accent then forget it - there will never be an app to do it. :) I read once that the safest form of radio communication in the North Sea during wartime was using Aberdeen or Peterhead trawler skippers whose brand of English/Scottish could not be understood by anyone bar themselves. :)

Jim.