Freightman kits

Purple-haze

Western Thunderer
Have just been looking at one of my (unmade) kits from this range and I'd forgotten how good (IMHO) these were. I remember talking to the owner, F
Frank Titchcombe ? many years ago and a really nice fellow he was. Does anyone know where all the tooling ended up? :scratch:

regards

Rog

Dikitriki

Flying Squad
Hi

Believed to have been destroyed during a clear out following his death.

They were good, and covered diagrams that still have not been done elsewhere. If married to a decent brass chassis they would be very good indeed. I was fortunate on his death to acquire nearly all the remaining plastic mouldings for the sides, ends and rooves for the LMS and SR 10ft wheelbase vans (excluding the banana vans which I didn't want) and am slowly working my way through them. Only another 80 or so to go! Incidentally, I made up a few as kits for my mates using ABS components, PD buffers, Premier couplings and couldn't get the cost below ?35 per van. They couldn't have competed in today's market with PD or Slaters IMHO.

Richard

John D

Western Thunderer
flyer at Reading a couple of years back saying that the Freightman kits were coming back

There's a link in the Gauge O guild website 'traders' bit which I have looked at in the past saying that the kits were 'coming back' .....but have just clicked on the said link to find it.... no more....it has ceased to be......it has shuffled off its mortal coil etc.......it is a dead link !! :cry:

28ten

Guv'nor
like so many kits its a case of -buy them when you see them - you never know when they will disappear :(

Dikitriki

Flying Squad
28ten said:
like so many kits its a case of -buy them when you see them - you never know when they will disappear :(

Ah yes, but the danger therein is that you acquire a few lifetimes' worth of unbuilt kits. I'm sure I don't need legs for Heyside, just stand it on the kit pile :scratch:

Richard