Not open for further replies.

Rob Pulham

Western Thunderer
Limited Edition MOY Private Owner Wagons

Produced for the Gauge O Guild by Dapol

Available to Guild Members only. Price: £42 plus p&p from 5th November

These are the first O gauge wagons produced for the Gauge O Guild

The livery for this limited edition is that of Thomas Moy, Coal Merchant

Thomas Moy was based in Colchester with coal grounds at many stations in the East of England

Choose the Colchester or Peterborough depot transfer

There are only 50 of each so it is first come first served

Each one comes with a Limited Edition certificate
Purchase yours via the online shop at www.gaugeoguild.com

Moy Wagon.jpg

NewportRod

Western Thunderer
This is an interesting development. We appear to have a Gloucester wagon but what are the basic dimensions ( particularly wheelbase, length over headstocks and internal body height) please?

Paul Tomlinson

Western Thunderer
Hello Rob. I've a couple of designs of Dapol model, the old "Black Park" one, and the ex-Lionheart opens. The ex-Lionheart ones are visibly superior. Are you able to provide some details about the origin of the G0G model? Cheers.

215DBC49-E0C1-4D19-B227-B95C92499A2D.jpeg9877EB43-76DD-4F0E-9010-8A6C58738C73.jpeg

Richard Gawler

Western Thunderer
They won't be available to buy until tomorrow 5th November so I would expect there to be something on the front page then.

Thanks for this Rob. I "subscribed" to this model and have been checking the GOG site every day . . . now I can be more patient.

Last edited:

daifly

Western Thunderer
Rob

Is there a photo to substantiate that oddly spelled shortening of Peterborough? Thomas Moy's own advertisement for their Peterborough-built wagons (shown in "British Carriage & Wagon Builders & Repairers 1830-2018" by Chris Sambrook) shows that they used 'PETERBORO' on their wagons.

Dave

Rob Pulham

Western Thunderer
Rob

Is there a photo to substantiate that oddly spelled shortening of Peterborough? Thomas Moy's own advertisement for their Peterborough-built wagons (shown in "British Carriage & Wagon Builders & Repairers 1830-2018" by Chris Sambrook) shows that they used 'PETERBORO' on their wagons.

Dave
Hi Dave,

Sorry, the wording of the ad was provided to me, all I did was copy and post.

Rob Pulham

Western Thunderer
Not today at least:confused:

There is a similar announcement on the GOG Forum now. Apparently it was delayed because Jackie Kneeshaw was tied up today so didn't get a chance to post it until about an hour or so ago. That said, when I looked, aside from the explanation for the delay in posting it didn't offer any further information than I have.

Osgood

Western Thunderer
Rob

Dave
I have asked the question of the person I believe to have been the project co-ordinator - will advise if I hear back.

Overseer

Western Thunderer
I am reliably informed they use the Lionheart wagon design (further evidenced by the reduced gap between brake shoe and tyre).
Dapol make at least 5 versions of 7 plank wagons. Code 7F-071 are the original Dapol 7 plank wagons which are a strange mix of features and dimensions - avoid if you want a scale model. The Lionheart originated wagons are LHT-F-071, 072 etc, these are scale models of RCH 1923 standard wagons. The more recently introduced Dapol 7 plank wagons with ‘Gloucester’ on the axleboxes are based on earlier RCH wagons - the dimensions would confirm which standard. These wagons are coded 7F-072-### for the side door only version and 7F-073-### for the end door version. The wagon in the GOG photo is a Dapol 7F-072- so is probably reasonably ok. Someone else will have to tell us if the CC should be yellow and whether MOY’s pre 1923 wagons should have a London plank.

Richard Gawler

Western Thunderer
I've received a message,

The Moy wagons will be available from Monday to order only from the Guild online shop or at shows attended by the Guild shop. Please only order via the online shop. This has been done to keep administration costs low. The wagons for those that expressed an interest before production will be held back from general sale for a short period only.

simond

Western Thunderer
Simon,

it might be mildly amusing to know how much debate there has been on the Guild website.

Contrary to expectations, there has been precisely none on RMW.

nowt s’queer as folk.

Status
Not open for further replies.