Gog Show Halifax 2nd June

Status
Not open for further replies.

7mmMick

Western Thunderer
Anybody off to the Halifax show this weekend? I have a pile of bits to pick up from LG, happy days,

ATB Mick

Dog Star

Western Thunderer
North - South divide... show in the North, me in the South. Might say the same about the event in Kettering, which might explain why the Guildford 0 Gauge Group trade show in Reading does so well.

regards, Graham

7mmMick

Western Thunderer
North - South divide... show in the North, me in the South. Might say the same about the event in Kettering, which might explain why the Guildford 0 Gauge Group trade show in Reading does so well.

regards, Graham

I know what you mean Graham, this seems to be the case with S7. Not a divide I mean as I've had an extremely warm welcome into the Society and the scale as a whole, with great support down South. But S7 is very under represented in these Northern parts,

ATB Mick

Dog Star

Western Thunderer
I know what you mean Graham, this seems to be the case with S7. Not a divide I mean as I've had an extremely warm welcome into the Society and the scale as a whole, with great support down South. But S7 is very under represented in these Northern parts.

I am not sure that about the accuracy about such thoughts. If one looks at the locations of "groups" which are big enough to get on and build a layout then there are very few of such assemblies and the majority seem to be in the Midlands and "North East" of the South... that is, Home Counties North. Just a thought... when did we last hear the BBC utter phrases like "Home Counties North / South"?

Otherwise... living in North Hampshire I sometimes feel that Our Street is in the middle of a S7 wilderness which is addressed by attending model railway shows and S7 Group events. For example, I was manning the stand at Railex on Saturday last and I think that I counted at least a dozen S7 modellers.

I have been trying to "convert" Rob Pulham... you live closer so maybe Rob needs a visit from a S7-press gang.

Roll on the pending issue of the S7 members list.

regards, Graham

Steph Dale

Western Thunderer
Guys,

I'll be at the show from about 11:30, once again attending as a member of the Guild's Technical Committee. So, if you fancy a chat, that's where you can find me.

I'm not entirely sure what I'll have with me, other than a test/demo CSB+split axles chassis that's just been completed as far as the rolling stage. Otherwise I might take up one or two of the last batch of scratchbuilt Maunsell carriages...

Steph

Status
Not open for further replies.