Hardwicke Village Hall (ggogg)

GGOG_Hardwicke_2011_Diesel_Depot (4)a.jpgGGOG_Hardwicke_2011_Diesel_Depot (6)a.jpg GGOG_Hardwicke_2011_Diesel_Depot (2)a.jpg
View attachment 9971View attachment 9973 View attachment 9971
Hi All,

Herewith some photos of 'Diesel Depot':)

Just a heads up for a charming little show on 15th April 2012 (10.00- 16.30).

This is a cracking little show (village hall in Hardwicke) in the style of the original GOG area group meetings.

Features include 2 Rail finescale DC/DCC test track, this year there will also be DCC demonstration layout and advice, a Bring and Buy, select Traders and layouts (Diesel Depot et al.), Refreshements and Free carpark.

Hardwicke Village Hall, Green Lane, Hardwicke.

Sat Nav: GL2 4QA

For further info 01453 836416 (ask for John).

I understand that this may be the last in a long line of such shows (30 yrs) due to costs etc. so please support if you can (and are local to the area).

I have no connection with the show other than as a satisfied visitor.

CME:)

View attachment 9968View attachment 9970View attachment 9968View attachment 9970 CME

D

D7093

I live just 10 minutes away from the show, but sadly won't be able to make it again. Every year the dates clash with me demoing at the Cheltenham show, although this year I'm at Trainwest.

What I can say from my past visits to Hardwicke, that its always a friendly show and well worth a visit if your in the area.

And with their DCC/DC test track, why not take something along and give it a run, or just chat with like minded people.

No connection with the show or GGOGG, other than as a past visitor.

Easy access from J12 off M5.

CME, slight slip of the keypad, it should be Green Lane I think.

Trevor.

I live just 10 minutes away from the show, but sadly won't be able to make it again. Every year the dates clash with me demoing at the Cheltenham show, although this year I'm at Trainwest.

What I can say from my past visits to Hardwicke, that its always a friendly show and well worth a visit if your in the area.

And with their DCC/DC test track, why not take something along and give it a run, or just chat with like minded people.

No connection with the show or GGOGG, other than as a past visitor.

Easy access from J12 off M5.

CME, slight slip of the keypad, it should be Green Lane I think.

Trevor.

Hi Trevor,

Typo amended:oops::D

A shame that you cant make it.

ATVB

CME

welshwizard

Western Thunderer
Attended the show as Area 12 Rep, it was as allways a very freindly show with a good mix of interest, make a date next year gents we dont want these shows to disapear.

westernfan

Western Thunderer
I note on another thread a Club has plans for a "DCC Demonstration" layout, and there's one listed here.

Sorry if this is a typically stupid Back of the Class question, but what is the difference between a "DCC Demonstration" layout , and any other layout run using DCC..??:confused: :oops:

the dcc demo setups ive seen at shows have the electrikery wiring above board for the punters to see :thumbs:

Dog Star

Western Thunderer
I note on another thread a Club has plans for a "DCC Demonstration" layout, and there's one listed here.

Sorry if this is a typically stupid Back of the Class question, but what is the difference between a "DCC Demonstration" layout , and any other layout run using DCC..??:confused: :oops:

This is a good question and one which was debated at some length at several General Meetings of the Basingstoke Club. The consensus within the Club is that members need a "DCC demo" layout for several reasons:-

[1] to learn about wiring of the track - hence our demo layout is being built with reversing loops and a turntable to explore how to install and use the various gizmos for managing the electrical connections to such features;
[2] to learn about wiring and control of turnouts and signals using digital commands - hence our layout is to have point motors plus semaphore and colour light signals controlled by DCC decoders (from a range of manufacturers);
[3] to learn about the management of control variables and to configure such variables for best operation of individual locomotives (and coaches - lighting and slip control);
[4] to allow members to compare and contrast the various DCC offerings from suppliers, which includes and is not limited to the hand set, command station, traction decoder and function decoder;
[5] as a test track to allow members to set up their own stock and to gain from the experience of other members;

and finally...

[6] to take to the Club annual exhibition as a demonstration item for those who want to know more... or those who have just bought a DCC-chipped engine from a trader and want to see / hear the operation of their purchase.

OK - a long-winded answer.... however the Club felt that the existing layouts which "had been / are being" built to traditional DC practice did not meet (m)any of the reasons for building a new layout which is specifically constructed for DDC use.

In passing, the Club is building a 7mm layout which is to wired for DC-control or DCC-control of the engine movements... with servo operation of turnouts and signals which are controlled by MERG products - hence the DC user is not penalised by point motors which listen to DCC signals. Some of the 7mm group are taking things a step further in that the baseboards are to be provided with WiFi boxes so that the "engine driver" can walk around the layout and control engine movements without any physcial connection to the electrical equipment.

regards, Graham

Subsequent edit, the last sentence to be read as:- 'the "engine driver" can walk around the layout and control engine movements without any physcial connection between the controller and the command station'.

Dog Star

Western Thunderer
Yeah - it's Idiot-proof and suitable for the Back Row to play with unsupervised... :D:D:D

We hope so.... although as the layout (three boards of 5'x4') has to be stored vertically and erected when needed there is still scope for confusion, destruction and idiots.

regards, Graham