Hello at last

Hi, my name is Simon and I've been looking in on this forum for about a year but never posted. I'm on RMweb and have a thread on it about 3d printing various items in various scales. prompted by a message from another member I've finally got round to a first post. The original reason for looking at this forum was to do with the 1/32 section and I've printed a couple of bits in 1/32.

I did a test of a Y25 bogie (shown next to a 7mm version).

DSCF15992_zps11feedea.jpg

I've now done some more 1/32 printing so will have a go at starting a thread about my progress.

Dan Randall

Western Thunderer
Hi Simon and welcome.

I've been following your progress on RMweb and look forward to seeing some updates on here now.

Regards

Dan

Dikitriki

Flying Squad
Hi Simon

Nice to see you here.

I've been following with great interest what's been going on in the printing section of RMweb.

Impressive stuff.

Richard

Ressaldar

Western Thunderer
Hi Simon,

welcome to WT, we like lots of pictures with our posts:thumbs: so you are already off to a good start.

cheers

Mike

S

SteveO

Welcome Simon (how many Simons do we have now?). I too have been fascinated with your 3d printing experiments, particularly with the Class 25 bogies and cabs. More pics please.

Simon

Flying Squad
Hello Simon from another Simon.

Great to see someone doing interesting work in 1/32 scale, the bogie looks great.

At the risk of asking a question that has been addressed on RMweb, did you get to the stage with the 1/32 bogie of being able to offer it to others?

Keep up the good work anyway and welcome too.

Simon

iploffy

OC Blue Brigade
Hello Simon and welcome aboard, Hummmm class 25's Hummmmmmm plenty of pictures and loads of explanations please

SimonT

Western Thunderer
Simon,
welcome and I am looking forward to seeing more 3D printing. How do you draw, do you print yourself or are you outsourcing it? Lots more please.

SimonT
(who has been known to do some printing himself)

Pugsley

Western Thunderer
Hello and welcome!

I'm looking forward to seeing more of your air braked PO wagons, especially, as a confirmed tank wagon perv, that lovely ferry tank of yours. Did you ever get anywhere with the Phosphoric Acid tanks?

I've started a thread on my most recent print-

http://www.westernthunder.co.uk/index.php?threads/3d-printed-class-20.3329/

Pugsley - I've got all the parts and the ends are sorted but just need to get some good weather so that I can get some painting done.

Simon - I draw the parts in a program called blender and get them printed at shapeways or Imaterilise.

I've got a thread on RMweb - http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/in...class-2037-2mm-and-7mm-wagons-and-132-bogies/

but a couple of pictures to show some of the parts printed and cast (from T gauge to 1/32), sadly most of my projects are unfinished as I easily get distracted.

DSCF0135.jpg

DSCF9344.jpg

DSCF14002_zpsc0997d28.jpg

DSCF9593.jpg

PBA5_zpsc95cc18e.jpg

TRPAA1_zps65972ea2.jpg

DSCF14182_zpsb2ec29f0.jpg

DSCF9043.jpg

lancer1027

Western Thunderer
Wow thats some amazing work. :bowdown:

The class 25 cabs look great. How long does it take to draw up something like a cab?.

Rob:)