Hello!

Stu Fox

Western Thunderer
Hello all.

Some may have noticed my struggles in 7mm in 'other places'... ...I like this place too.
I build kits and have bigger plans (dreams) for turning the workshop (when the family don't need to eat at the table) into a scratchbuilder's paradise.

Some great inspiration on here! Not really a western modeller, more a NE zone one with too much southern electric/diesel stuck in my head!

Regards

Stu

Dog Star

Western Thunderer
Hello all.

I build kits and have bigger plans (dreams) for turning the workshop (when the family don't need to eat at the table) into a scratchbuilder's paradise.

Regards

Stu
Hi Stu, welcome to the best place just here. I like the your "location", seems you guys from up'north and right a bit have a sense of humour.

regards, Graham

lancer1027

Western Thunderer
Hi Stu, welcome to the forum.:thumbs:

Dont forget to post lots of pics, we all like pics on here.:thumbs: But that maybe because most of us cant read:))

Rob:)

lancer1027

Western Thunderer
Mmmmm lot of you Yorkshire bods on here.

Not many from the "elite area" called the midlands:)):oops:.......... got coat and now left the building:oops:

Stu Fox

Western Thunderer
Thanks for the very warm welcome fellas - It was so warm my roof is now snow free...

I am part way through a 47/0 build (DJH early shutter) that I plan in blue (rare as hens teeth) in about mid '74 condition. I'll post progress later. Also waiting for my spray booth to warm up (it's under snow - especially the patio area) is an MMP 35t tank and a PRMRP BR CCT...

Thanks and kind regards

Stu

lancer1027

Western Thunderer
Thanks for the very warm welcome fellas - It was so warm my roof is now snow free...

I am part way through a 47/0 build (DJH early shutter) that I plan in blue (rare as hens teeth) in about mid '74 condition. I'll post progress later. Also waiting for my spray booth to warm up (it's under snow - especially the patio area) is an MMP 35t tank and a PRMRP BR CCT...

Thanks and kind regards

Stu
Oooow i would like to see some pics of your PRMRP CCT and your views on it Stu. I am in the process of building a Model Express CCT . This has took a lot longer than i had hoped because of the lack of detail. ( wont be buying any more of those ). Thought about the PRMRP one but needed info on how they go together and whats in the kit or not as the case maybe .? Are the casting clean etc.

Pennine MC

Western Thunderer
. I like the your "location", seems you guys from up'north and right a bit have a sense of humour.

We certainly do; the idea of us Northern heathens having such things as dining tables, indeed:))

I am part way through a 47/0 build (DJH early shutter) that I plan in blue (rare as hens teeth) in about mid '74 condition.

Sounds interesting Stu, will it be with arrows both ends, or one in the middle, and if the former, will it be ER or WR style?

Stu Fox

Western Thunderer
Thanks for the replies chaps. The 47 will be 47098 or 47147 both at Canton at the time. From the one grainy picture I've found of 098 the arrows are central.

Rob,

The PRMRP CCT came without basic fittings shown in the kit such as door bumps and handles etc... The castings were OK, apart from there being too many (the W irons/axle boxes came as a single white metal casting that was less than straight. I believe it's a kit from the '80's and it shows really. I did quite a bit of scratchbuilding. I would build another but I would add some bits from other sources rather than use the originals. Here's a pic, I still need to paint, transfer, glaze, do an inside (drop-in) and weather... (oh and attach the roof).

cct 004 (800x531).jpg

Regards

Stu