Help with Posting Photographs

Hi guys :wave:

I have finally over come some of this issues with this PC/Vista etc. in posting phots. :vista: :vista: :lol:

Yet when I have posted a phot here and then tried another, depite me cropping/re-sizing etc. the photo always appears cut down the middle/to one side and not showing the main subject (engine/loco/stock item etc..). :scratch: :scratch:

Any ideas anyone? :scratch:

Help :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :laugh:

Thanks.

All the best,

CME. :wave:

28ten

Guv'nor
What size is your browser window? Can you take a screen shot of what you are seeing?
Can you post the image here so we can see what it looks like.
I think I know what the problem is but I need to confirm my suspicions :D
Test with your photo

Attachments

• H&BLR (3).jpg
    H&BLR (3).jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 37

28ten

Guv'nor
Resized-
The issue is that the image is way too big 30063x2015px, Martin, do you know how to resize images to 640x400 or 800x600px?

Attachments

• H&BLR (3).jpg
    H&BLR (3).jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 36
28ten said:
Resized-
The issue is that the image is way too big 30063x2015px, Martin, do you know how to resize images to 640x400 or 800x600px?

Hi,

As in private messages;-

I did try and resize them on this machine (laptop with downgraded Vista package :vista: :vista: ) and not the desktop, yet with little success - obviously :headbang: :vista: :lol: :scratch:

In one out of three programmes I am able to resize yet the size is only specified in cm's and there is no conversion ratio for pxls :scratch: :headbang: :scratch: .

Thanks for the help Guv! :thumbs:

All the best,

CME :wave:

28ten said:
Ok!
I use google picassa ( http://picasa.google.com/ ) for organising and resizing my photos, however I have used this simple (free) utility http://bluefive.pair.com/pixresizer_plus.htm and it works in px. There are different options which other people might suggest, but as long as the job gets done it doesn't really matter what you use. The fact you are using Vista should make no difference.

Hi,

Thanks - great advice on freebies, I like! :D :thumbs:

I had a look at the progs on this PC and they aint up to much - all the MS Vista stuff 'greyed out' so as to make one purchase an upgrade! So you are right not really a Vista issue, just the usual rip off with laptops/netbooks, anyway IMHO, Mr Gates et al is/are rich enough already :twisted: :vista: :vista: :laugh: :rolleyes:

I will have look later at those sites, bit busy at the moment.

V'grateful for your help - thanks again. :thumbs:

All the best,

lancer1027

Western Thunderer
Hi CME, I downloaded Irfanview (it's the free one). This works for me. I just go into the file the pics are in , open the picture required with Irfanview, scroll down to resize and click on it and the ratio's are there, size to 640x400 and press ok, then save file. I alter all my pics to the smaller size b4 i start to post images (all altered and saved in a file, then the larger ones i delete. Then your ready to post :thumbs:
Hope this is of some use to you :thumbs:

Rob :wave:

28ten

Guv'nor
lancer1027 said:
Hi CME, I downloaded Irfanview (it's the free one). This works for me. I just go into the file the pics are in , open the picture required with Irfanview, scroll down to resize and click on it and the ratio's are there, size to 640x400 and press ok, then save file. I alter all my pics to the smaller size b4 i start to post images (all altered and saved in a file, then the larger ones i delete. Then your ready to post :thumbs:

Yes thats another popular option :thumbs:

lancer1027 said:

Hi Lancer, :wave:

Thanks. tried to download 'bluefive' yet kept getting the error message 'RPC Server Unavailabl'e (what ever that means? :scratch: ). The other prog. didnt appeal to me re the central storage/server issues etc. - each to their own though.

I will give Irfanview a look.

Thanks guys :thumbs:

I thought I'd only spend 10 mins on this and I really should be doing other stuff - aint it always the way :lol:

Hi Guys :wave:

Here is a test ;) :lol:

I hope that you like the photos.

All the best,

Attachments

• H&BLR (1b).jpg
    H&BLR (1b).jpg
    279.3 KB · Views: 8
  • 16T Mineral Photo (4a).jpg
    16T Mineral Photo (4a).jpg
    154.5 KB · Views: 7

28ten

Guv'nor
CME & Bottlewasher said:

Thanks. tried to download 'bluefive' yet kept getting the error message 'RPC Server Unavailabl'e (what ever that means? :scratch: ). The other prog. didnt appeal to me re the central storage/server issues etc. - each to their own though.

I thought I'd only spend 10 mins on this and I really should be doing other stuff - aint it always the way :lol:
Just tried this ling http://bluefive.pair.com/PIXresizer.zip it works for me :scratch:
RPC is a Remote call procedure - I dont think thats anything to do with the download, but Im not a Windows expert (Smug Mac user here :laugh: )

28ten said:
[quote=""CME & Bottlewasher"":fd85vz64]

Just tried this ling http://bluefive.pair.com/PIXresizer.zip it works for me :scratch:
RPC is a Remote call procedure - I dont think thats anything to do with the download, but Im not a Windows expert (Smug Mac user here :laugh: )[/quote:fd85vz64]

A Mac, that would take up my model-making budget :lol: Good machine though :thumbs:

See above (I've edited in 2 phots.), I hope I have it susd now, some of my SM32 work and 7mm FS (sic).

TTFN :wave:

CME :D

28ten said:
Yes looks good to me :thumbs: I especially like the 16 tonner.

Thanks for your help, I am very grateful for all of your help with the photos guys :thumbs: :) .

One last phot and then off to bed :thumbs:

Regards,

CME. :wave:

Attachments

• (2a).jpg
    (2a).jpg
    367.7 KB · Views: 10