Hi from Bedfordshire

Heacham

I model in too many scales but am working on a small GER fenland goods depot in 7mm at present. My long term goal is to make a model of Heacham station as I have great memories of it from many holidays in the 60s. It was always the plan to make it in 3mm my dad even got as far as making the station building in the 60s but they were lost many years ago together with a 4mm model of Cromer Beach station he built.

ceejaydee

Western Thunderer
Welcome to WT

Dodgy old place is Bedfordshire ;)

Edit - Noticed as I posted the original response on my phone the smiley didn't appear leaving my reply possibly looking rude which was not intended as I am also Sunny Bedfordshire resident :thumbs:

(And probably dodgy too :D)

Last edited:

James Spooner

Western Thunderer
Welcome to WT. There is a small but growing band of us modelling East Anglian prototypes here, some of whom are linked in to the GERS, and we are all pretty friendly. I look forward to seeing progress with your projects as they develop.

Nigel

Herb Garden

Western Thunderer
I echo Nigel's comments

Welcome to the band of those of us who prefer buckjumpers to panniers. (Not that there is anything wrong with a pannier before someone pulls me up on that one)

The heacham line is a fascinating one. And In a early period was where the GER sent all its life expired machines to work out the last of Thier days so between 1880 and 1900 the motive power would have been fascinating....

George

Boyblunder

Western Thunderer
I have fond memories of a holiday at Heacham in the '50s. My family rented a "chalet" on the marshes about half way between the station and the beach, it was built of corrugated iron with an Elsan toilet that hadn't been emptied for months. My mother wasn't impressed and talked about renting one of the "posh" camping coaches, but we never did because I think they were too expensive. Happy days, looking forward to seeing your interpretation.