Hogwarts Castle (warning not for the purist!)

rosspeacock

Modelling on a £1200 table.
Steph Dale said:
Guys,

I've just happened upon this thread and must say it looks like a great starting point.  The models seem a bit pricier now than they did, though.
I note that you're intending to use Martello parts; you may be aware of the recent death of one of the guys involved and so they're in short supply.  Also bearing in mind the price of the Martello slidebar sets (£40+) it might well be worth you looking at the JLTRT SDK for the Hall; which will likely include crossheads, slidebars, brakegear, cosmetic springs and axleboxes and doubtless a few other bits (front bogie?), all for a shade under £100.

A carefully-worded email to Laurie at JLTRT would almost certainly get you a parts list, if you wanted one.

It's a thought that it might be easier in the long run?

Steph

Hi Steph, I have everything I need for the Hall now apart from the Martello Slidebar which is as you said about £40, and the Slaters Wheels, I dont want to go too mad spending on it as it will "defeat the object" of this been a budget project.... Keeping my fingers crossed I can still get the Slidebar  :thumbs:
Ross :wave: :wave:

rosspeacock

CME & Bottlewasher said:
Hi Ross :wave:

Nice photos :bowdown: :thumbs: :thumbs:

Wow - youve got your parts yeeha :thumbs: :))

I was only wondering this morning about the HC, I keep staring at mine - opposite my computer!!

Still awaiting my parts - even after a few more promises of delivery over the past few weeks ::) - thanks for your help in progressing such though, it's very much appreciated :thumbs:

I am still looking for those connectors for you - if your not in a hurry :))

Have you managed to get the Tender and the Loco at the same level/height as they seem - when looking at the two sets of steps - to be out of kilter :scratch:

ATVB

CME :wave:

Hi CME no rush for the connectors if you can find them :thumbs:
Think the height issue tender-loco will be resolved once the proper wheels are fitted, don't give up yet I'm sure Premier will come up trumps with your frame kit, The con-rods look very nice BTW and he's made them out of a quite thick gauge nickel-silver too....(more photos to follow)
Ross... :thumbs: :wave:

rosspeacock

Just a few pictures of the model stripped down and the new frames etc to be added... I'll start a workshop thread when I make a proper start..
Ross :thumbs: :wave:

Attachments

• HTC smart pictures 29.jpg
    HTC smart pictures 29.jpg
    192.3 KB · Views: 7
  • HTC smart pictures 30.jpg
    HTC smart pictures 30.jpg
    204.5 KB · Views: 6
  • HTC smart pictures 31.jpg
    HTC smart pictures 31.jpg
    170 KB · Views: 7
  • HTC smart pictures 32.jpg
    HTC smart pictures 32.jpg
    221.5 KB · Views: 4

lancer1027

Western Thunderer
Hi Ross, looks a interesting project. :thumbs: I look forward to the workshop/build thread soon. ( i cant believe i am watching a kettle thread :headbang:

Rob :wave:

iploffy

OC Blue Brigade
Neither can I, still say that Hogwarts castle is painted the right colour for a steam loco but it would have been better if it was Crimson lake

Ian