7mm Iceni Road TMD

InvernessTMD

Western Thunderer
Been a while... I have finally finished infilling the track, I gave up the idea of checkrailing it all except the front road up to the building.
After speaking to guys at work who are on or around Crown Point they said that none of the inset track is checkrailed, just plain onld concrete.
I am waiting for a break in the weather and the kids to go back to school before I paint it and attach the backscenes permanently.

InvernessTMD

Western Thunderer
Ok, Backscenes now attached, buildings just placed for effect. Once painted the buildings will be fixed in position, which will help with rigidity.
IceniRoad_backscene5.jpg

Probably the normal viewing position. I still haven't made up my mind which way the layout will be viewed, either end on "over the wall" or side on as per normal!
IceniRoad_track14.jpg

The sunken pit is for refuelling and is the bund to prevent contamination.

InvernessTMD

Western Thunderer
The buildings have been permanently attached though the roofs aren't as yet so I can still reach in and put things inside them! The Wagon shop is now the Wheel Lathe which still allows all manner of stuff to be poking out of the door!

On another note, there has been an addition to the fleet in the shape of a HJ Class 60 in TG, number as yet to be decided but I am heading towards one of the Scottish mountain named ones, and currently Boar of Badenoch is front runner

InvernessTMD

Western Thunderer
Few bits n pieces...
Backscenes have a base coat of blue, with the building interiors a dark grey.
I have added the support for the pipe bridge, I just need to finish cladding the buildings before I can install that.
Latest addition to the fleet (having been repainted into a'heritage' livery and awaiting final details) is a Heljan 60...Iceni_Road1.jpg
Pipe bridge support can be seen in the background next to the Wheel Lathe...

Iceni_Road2.jpg
Yes the handrail is bust, I need to either get some spares or make my own.

Iceni_Road3.jpg
Make My Day Punk!!

It will become either 60088 Buachaille Etive Mor or 60100 Boar of Badenoch as I want a Scottish namer and one with a nameplate that doesn't look lost on the bodyside like Canisp!!

InvernessTMD

Western Thunderer
I pulled it out to fix an error I made when laying the checkrail along the front road in that in front of the building there was a tight spot where the checkrail was too close to the rail and stuff either got stuck or came off.

Another clanger I made was when I laid the track I didn't take into account the backscene and so the rails don't protrude through! I did have them protruding from the fiddle yard board but they made storing it safely a bit tricky so I cut them off.
What I need to do now is work out some form of bridge rails that can be carefully slotted in place whenever I set it all up...

InvernessTMD

Western Thunderer
I'm not sure what fishplates I could use at it is Flat Bottom rail...

I have just found some small brass L strip which I think I can get to fit!

InvernessTMD

Western Thunderer
Bit of a bump, Iceni Road will be appearing again at the One MRC show in Needham Market on Sundat 18th Sept.
I have have settled on 60088 for the big un, and it has today been given life in the form of a sound chip!