Just Like The Real Thing Class 25

rosspeacock

Modelling on a £1200 table.
hi jordan i definately agree.. sure if these kits were about the ?125 mark they would still make a profit.. definately a good kit though no messing about making stuff fit just worry that its all "superglued" together much prefer the trusty old solder, maybe im just a luddite ha ha ... :thumbs: Ross...

Jordan

Mid-Western Thunderer
rosspeacock said:
hi jordan i definately agree.. sure if these kits were about the ?125 mark they would still make a profit.. definately a good kit though no messing about making stuff fit just worry that its all "superglued" together much prefer the trusty old solder, maybe im just a luddite ha ha ... :thumbs: Ross...
I wouldn't even go that low. The ?200 mark would be just about okay for me, and comparable to many brass kits. As it is, they are just waaaay beyond my pocket.... :oops: :headbang:

rosspeacock

Yes your probably right ?200 is a fair price.. Took JLRT 25 to York show this weekend for a trail run, ran ok except the polarity needs swapping over sure Ians stuff is opposite to norm as I quickly checked it against my Heljan Hymek before connecting wires up had to swap the 26 and 27 I made for him too (prob my stuff whats wrong) just a couple of pictures of it on Ians Ullapool layout and some Hydraulics I spotted whilst having a walk around.. Ross..

Attachments

• JLRT Class 25 014.jpg
    JLRT Class 25 014.jpg
    114.8 KB · Views: 82
  • JLRT Class 25 015.jpg
    JLRT Class 25 015.jpg
    120.8 KB · Views: 84
  • JLRT Class 25 016.jpg
    JLRT Class 25 016.jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 81
  • JLRT Class 25 017.jpg
    JLRT Class 25 017.jpg
    118.9 KB · Views: 82
  • JLRT Class 25 019.jpg
    JLRT Class 25 019.jpg
    121.7 KB · Views: 82
  • JLRT Class 25 018.jpg
    JLRT Class 25 018.jpg
    118.8 KB · Views: 84

28ten

Guv'nor
that looks good :thumbs: I do rather like D1000 in desert sand :scratch: must get another western or three :lol:

Jordan

Mid-Western Thunderer
What layout is that second one, then..? Looks good (though the traction on show helps!!) :thumbs:

lancer1027

Western Thunderer
Hi Ross, the 25 looks FANTASTIC :thumbs: great pics. But WESTERN ENTERPRISE :drool: :drool: thanks for taking and posting the pics mate :thumbs:
Rob :wave:

rosspeacock

Cant remember name but it was a pre-nationalisation GWR MPD layout, its been at Bolton and Halifax as ive seen it before.. Think the diesels must have been one of the club members private collecion.. loved D1000 in desert sand it was the one that took my eye.. :thumbs: Ross...

Dikitriki

Flying Squad
The layout is Terry Yeend's Tolcarne Road. All the stock is Terry's, he's moving the period towards diesels. He's a retired BR driver, drove all but one of the Wessies if I recall correctly. The Western is JLTRT, and the Warship was one of the Nationalised Models resin jobs, both expertly built and painted by Rob Fern.

Richard

Jordan

Mid-Western Thunderer
Not sure if it's just me, but it's unusual to see a Warship modelled in "as built" (pre-Headcode Boxes) condition, isn't it? It certainly stands out!! :thumbs:

28ten

Guv'nor
Jordan said:
Not sure if it's just me, but it's unusual to see a Warship modelled in "as built" (pre-Headcode Boxes) condition, isn't it? It certainly stands out!! :thumbs:
And its nice in Green :D

rosspeacock

Hi made a bit more progress over past week on this loco, here are a few pics..notice how i masked over the main side grille mesh before applying main blue, this is because id sprayed it black first I then brush painted the grille mesh and visible framework with BR blue..... (thought you guys would approve of the colour) :scratch:  :thumbs:  Ross..

Attachments

• JLRT Class 25 025.jpg
    JLRT Class 25 025.jpg
    115.6 KB · Views: 67
  • JLRT Class 25 024.jpg
    JLRT Class 25 024.jpg
    117 KB · Views: 64
  • JLRT Class 25 023.jpg
    JLRT Class 25 023.jpg
    116.6 KB · Views: 65
  • JLRT Class 25 022.jpg
    JLRT Class 25 022.jpg
    116.1 KB · Views: 63
  • JLRT Class 25 021.jpg
    JLRT Class 25 021.jpg
    113.4 KB · Views: 63
  • JLRT Class 25 020.jpg
    JLRT Class 25 020.jpg
    117.6 KB · Views: 63

Scale7JB

Western Thunderer
I hope those beer bottles had been emptied by mouth before they were used as a prop for spraying :laugh:

Looks like a lovely finish on the paint... which airbrush do you use ?

JB.

rosspeacock

Dont worry the beers were definately empty, they very handy for spraying, I usually use my Badger350 which is only single action but gives good results, I cheated with this one its railmatch BR blue aerosol :thumbs: :lol:

Phill Dyson

Western Thunderer
mmm :cool: :cool: :cool: , that would look nice hauling the local stopper to Withercombe (if it needs a test run) :p .......your Warship would look nice in that colour too (if your having a modelling spurt) ;)
Phill :wave:

lancer1027

Western Thunderer
Hi Matey, :wave:
Top job Ross :thumbs: And yep right colour :thumbs: . I have too agree with Phill, would look great hauling a rake of clay empties on his garden railway ;) Mmm but so would Stalwart and Trooper :drool: :lol:
Any progress on the Mk1's ?. and i also spy'd a 33 in primer.
Could you or Phill print me a pair of registration plates of your allegro ;) i managed to win one on e-bay for a mighty ?2.89. It has'nt arrived yet but when it does it will be bronzed over :p .
Again great work on the 25,look forward to seeing more progress pics :thumbs:

Cheers Rob :wave:

Jordan

Mid-Western Thunderer
Have to agree with the others on the colour..!! :thumbs: Railmatch aerosols look a better paint than their bottles, too :shit: :p

rjr

Western Thunderer
Very impressive paint job, some other interesting stuff on your workbench too !

John

rosspeacock

Jordan said:
Have to agree with the others on the colour..!! :thumbs: Railmatch aerosols look a better paint than their bottles, too :shit: :p
Yep you are definately right about the bottles they are a pain in the bum, especailly warning panel yellow and orange they just dont seem to cover especially when brushing seem to need about 10 coats :headbang: (blue could be tempting for warship, still fancy maroon FYP) :thumbs: Ross

Phill Dyson

Western Thunderer
rosspeacock said:
[quote=""Jordan"":1wjwxetm]Have to agree with the others on the colour..!! :thumbs: Railmatch aerosols look a better paint than their bottles, too :shit: :p
Yep you are definately right about the bottles they are a pain in the bum, especailly warning panel yellow and orange they just dont seem to cover especially when brushing seem to need about 10 coats :headbang: [/quote:1wjwxetm]
The only problem I find with them (the aerosols) is the nozzles are bad for clogging :headbang: ...........I do agree though they give very good results, the detail is very crisp on that 25 :thumbs:

Jordan

Mid-Western Thunderer
rosspeacock said:
... the bottles they are a pain in the bum, ... they just dont seem to cover especially when brushing seem to need about 10 coats :headbang:
... by which time they've clogged up all the detail... :rolleyes: :twisted: :rant: