Roger Pound

Western Thunderer
Typical of today, isn't it? We no longer have any major bank represented - all local branches have been closed. There is a pertinent analogy but it may well be considered out of order these days. Sorry to hijack the thread Paul - I really wanted to say how brilliant your weathering is - anyone whose work can stand close-ups such as you have published has little to worry about with their work. Absolutely fantastic! Looking forward to seeing Lime Street develop.

Roger :thumbs:

PjKing1

Western Thunderer
Typical of today, isn't it? We no longer have any major bank represented - all local branches have been closed. There is a pertinent analogy but it may well be considered out of order these days. Sorry to hijack the thread Paul - I really wanted to say how brilliant your weathering is - anyone whose work can stand close-ups such as you have published has little to worry about with their work. Absolutely fantastic! Looking forward to seeing Lime Street develop.

Roger :thumbs:
Don’t worry about hijacking it’s all conversations worthy of having :thumbs:

And thank you for the kind words much appreciated, when I started weathering in 7mm I found just paints didn’t cut it, it’s to bigger scale as the weathering needs depth, texture and a look of built up grime, hopefully I’m pulling it off here ;)

Thanks again

Paul

Yorkshire Dave

Western Thunderer
Morning Jon it really is a busy place these days, I was probably in that school traffic to picking our Rosa up. Must admit the square can offer quite an amusing hour or two just watching the standard of shocking parking, people just dump their cars anywhere and apparently the white lines don’t apply to Maghullians :)) That’s if you can get a space that is!
Talking of parking, my wife was just popping to the bank so I remained with the car, having just about managed to park centrally between the white lines (the van to the near side was on the white line making it difficult for the Boss to alight; I had no choice but to remain as the car to my offside was also parked on the adjacent white line, although thankfully the driver was at the wheel and about to leave). Having done so, I realised that the car parked next to that was also parked on the white line, which is why this driver leaving was parked thus. I then observed as a couple of would-be parkers in their SUVs fruitlessly attempted to park in the narrowed gap between mine and the other awkwardly parked car as described. Unfortunately, ‘twas I that got the funny looks as they gave up and drove off!

I don't even consider driving into Leeds from where I live as the train is quicker on the Airedale Line :)..... except for this morning today when a fire broke out on a TPE unit with an engine fault - in platform 13 as advised by our train conductor. It was quickly dealt with and trains were moving again after an hour or so once the OHLE had been switched on and the backlog cleared.

Leeds station disruption after fire breaks out on train

Classic reporting depending on which media source you read - it ranges from Leeds station fire: Train goes up in flames & all lines blocked causing travel chaos – as passengers face huge delays to Leeds Station train fire: Transpennine service suffered engine fault after arriving from Huddersfield - and unit was involved in similar incident at York.

Diversion over.... :)

PjKing1

Western Thunderer
:))I don't even consider driving into Leeds from where I live as the train is quicker on the Airedale Line :)..... except for this morning today when a fire broke out on a TPE unit with an engine fault - in platform 13 as advised by our train conductor. It was quickly dealt with and trains were moving again after an hour or so once the OHLE had been switched on and the backlog cleared.

Leeds station disruption after fire breaks out on train

Classic reporting depending on which media source you read - it ranges from Leeds station fire: Train goes up in flames & all lines blocked causing travel chaos – as passengers face huge delays to Leeds Station train fire: Transpennine service suffered engine fault after arriving from Huddersfield - and unit was involved in similar incident at York.

Diversion over.... :)
I heard about that wasn’t mine though ;) Although I was sat on a cl185 in platform 1 at Man Pic last year eating my dinner when this alarm started going off on what sounded like the platform and in the cab, I had a quick look, nothing, then carried on eating, it was only when a load of northern staff ran over and told me my train was on fire! And platform 1 was getting evacuated as my extinguishers were going off :)) During traction training the don’t tell us guards/conductors what the fire alarm sounds like, which is rather worrying and shocking!!!!

Paul

PjKing1

Western Thunderer
Currently sat at Leeds at the moment waiting to work a stopper to Huddersfield and back so no modelling today but I have thought of a way of adding another siding into the downsized plan and it also doesn’t require any points.

The yellow is the road bridge/scenic break and retaining wall behind the (green) signal box the proposed siding would be infront of the box stopping short of the head shunt.
IMG_8035.jpeg

Paul

Roger Pound

Western Thunderer
Looks to be a good plan - on a plan...... ;) . As I am rapidly becoming a shunting and sidings planner myself I can appreciate how useful extra sidings can be. Go for it, Paul :thumbs:.

Roger

PjKing1

Western Thunderer
Thanks Roger I’m trying to get as much as I can in on the plan for operational interest but also keeping it as prototypical as possible, but I also do believe less is more so I don’t want to over crowd it.

Paul

Roger Pound

Western Thunderer
Of course, our feline friends run the entire house after all, don't they? You could start a thread solely based on their activities quite easily :D!

Roger

PjKing1

Western Thunderer
No modelling as such over the last week other than stripping the two boards I had of oo gauge track and a bit more progress weathering the 40. I have been taking quite a few photos of the retaining wall leading to the cutting at Lime street so I could count bricks to judge the height of it.
IMG_8166.jpeg
IMG_8165.jpeg
IMG_8164.jpeg
IMG_8162.jpeg

Paul