LMS Driving trailers.

Roger Pound

Western Thunderer
Please can anyone point me in the direction of obtaining a casting or moulding for a driving trailer end to convert a 4mm scale non-corridor brake third in to a driving trailer for push-pull purposes. I recall from my early days in the hobby a cast end was available as I used one of them, but I am thinking of sixty plus years back or may be a tad longer so I guess that sort of thing most probably no longer exists. However, any suggestions as to aids to making the said conversion or even a kit to make a complete unit would be gratefully welcomed. I also confess to being one of the lesser talented modellers in scratch building rolling stock...... :confused: :confused: !

Roger.

Mike W

Western Thunderer
London Road Models do LNWR Driving Trailers if that would do - but I know nothing about LMS-built ones. I also don't know how similar the ends might be.

Mike

LarryG

Western Thunderer
It is fortunate that Hornby chose to mass produce the single guards door LMS non-corridor brake third, as this lends itself to conversion to the push-pull version. Not sure if removal of the duckets will leave a hole or not. The models I saw a few years ago had welded bogies, so ideally you should exchange them for rivetted version.