LNWR A class 0-8-0 inP4

garethashenden

Western Thunderer
Did you do anything to the rods when springing it? I’ve got one in the cupboard, and the first three axles all have one solid rod. I was contemplating getting a set of rods from Brassmasters so that they would be properly articulated.

john lewsey

Western Thunderer
Hi Gareth, I had a Comet chassis for an 0-8-0 and the centers lined up so I am using the coupling rods part of the etch.

john lewsey

Western Thunderer
Ah splendid jigs aren't they?

I was surprised how good they are and the quality of what came out given how simple the tool is.

I nearly bought an Avonside chaisis squared tool from Eileen's but thought to give the much cheaper poppys tool a go first.... Works a treat for me
Hi, the jig was a really good results
John

Mike W

Western Thunderer
Very nice and the designer knew his stuff when it comes to avoiding the pitfalls of Webb engines! Is there a boiler stay in the kit? One would help fill the gap under the boiler. It will be a flat plate, probably with a circular hole in it (the first batch had no hole).

Mike

john lewsey

Western Thunderer
Very nice and the designer knew his stuff when it comes to avoiding the pitfalls of Webb engines! Is there a boiler stay in the kit? One would help fill the gap under the boiler. It will be a flat plate, probably with a circular hole in it (the first batch had no hole).

Mike
Hi Mike,yes there is but at the moment I can still turn the chassis upside down to work on the brake gear.I will put it on just before painting.