Looking For Bridge Inspiration

Phill Dyson

Western Thunderer
Hi  :wave:

I am looking for pics or locations of bridges similar to the one in these pics below. They can be any span & any region or country for that matter as I am looking for details of pillars etc, so far I have only come up with Nursery Pool Bridge on the South Devon Railway as I really need bridge names or locations for Internet searches to be more fruitful  :scratch:

Attachments

• XL806088.JPG
    XL806088.JPG
    106.3 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_0191.JPG
    IMG_0191.JPG
    112.7 KB · Views: 1

Eastsidepilot

Western Thunderer
Hi Phill,
Interesting subject bridges,  I found this shot in "Bridges For Modellers" by L.V.Wood, Oxford Pub's. co.

Lot's of details in the book, but this is the only photo of this type.

ATB, Col.

Attachments

• Steel bridge.jpg
    Steel bridge.jpg
    652.1 KB · Views: 2

westernfan

Western Thunderer
heres an image that i took when i visited the Gwili railway recently ,also theres an image i posted on my layout thread of the iron bridge spanning the wye at redbrook if you like that image i have some more of that bridge  that i could email you [attachimg=1]

Attachments

• P1000365(1).JPG
    P1000365(1).JPG
    735.4 KB · Views: 96

Simon

Flying Squad
Cant find a decent picture and its GWR rather than LSWR, but surely you've got to be looking at the bridge at Dawlish, immediately west of the station and on the sea front, it's a dead ringer for your bridge shape-wise.

I bet you've got a hydraulic book with a picture of it in your collection!

Simon

S

Simon Dunkley

Similarly, although LSWR rather than GWR, there is the bridge over the River Torridge between Bideford and Great Torrington, which is on the Tarka Trail.
File:Tarkatrail.jpg

061.jpg

Phill Dyson

Western Thunderer
Many thanks for the replies  :D.......plenty of inspiration  :thumbs:

As the bridge will not be over water I think I will probably  go for stone or brick pillars  :scratch: ..........anymore pics or ideas are most welcome :thumbs:

Phill  :wave:

westernfan

Western Thunderer
Simon Dunkley said:
Similarly, although LSWR rather than GWR, there is the bridge over the River Torridge between Bideford and Great Torrington, which is on the Tarka Trail.

im surprised that the bridge is still standing it was in a very rusty state when i travelled on the morning milk and ball clay train to meeth back in 71 .

as requested heres a photo that i took of the rail over bridge on the pontypool rd to monmouth troy route at usk a reasonably good shot of a stone piller for you [attachimg=1]

Attachments

• P1010010.JPG
    P1010010.JPG
    263.2 KB · Views: 2

westernfan

Western Thunderer
i was out valley hopping today and i remembered to take my camera as on my journey i passed the railhead at Onllywen where this  bridge is situated i  took  the pic for the abutment . if you want the high res images ill send some more pics[attachimg=1] to your addi  :thumbs:

Attachments

• P1010274(1).JPG
    P1010274(1).JPG
    468.8 KB · Views: 18