New from the USA

M

Matador

Been a Pro Modeller and Painter since 72 emigrated to the US (Arizona)in 83. Semi retired about 6 months ago bought a few OO Locos but as most of the Models I work on over here are O Scale decided to sell the OO and move into O.
Plans are afoot for a 12' x 30" BR late Steam early Diesel Scottish branch line with a 5' fiddle yard. Small tank locos a couple of coaches a couple of dozen goods wagons and sound in the locos will keep me going and happy for quite a while.
David Cooke
A Yorkshireman in the USA.
ps a pic attached of what I do for a living.

Attachments

• Heisler # 3.jpg
    Heisler # 3.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 2

Old Buffer

Western Thunderer
Welcome to the mad house, it's smaller than rmweb but better, the main fact is, everyone is extremely good at what they do regarding modelling, (except me :'() :(.
If you post some more of the models youv'e done you will have Jordon frothing at the mouth :drool: especially if it's big, blue and diesel.
Alan
P.S. Make sure your layout will be in the GREEN period.

marsa69

Western Thunderer
Howdy David,

this here is the rootinest, tootinest railroad modelling forum in the Wild West. Yer gotta watch out for the mad folk tho, come outta that there ole green ghost town out yonder. But ya got ole Colonel Ploffy, Sgt Marsa and the rest of the blue hand boys from the 3rd Foot and Mouth to protect ye. And relax, we ain't got no injuns here as they all went home and dang took their summer with em! Damn varmits  :))

regards,

Mark

Phill Dyson

Western Thunderer
Hi Matador  :wave:

Greetings from the West Riding  :thumbs: , your planned transition era Scottish branch sound interesting  8) 8) 8)

Cheers Phill  :D

P.S. Watch out for those pesky blue varmits, myself, Sherrif Jordan & Marshall Cynric have got our eyes on tham thar critters  :scratch: ;D 

iploffy

OC Blue Brigade
Hi Matador I don't know why they keep talking about us awfully nice BLUE period modelers any body would think we have a little fixation but alas no-one can prooooove it  :)) :)) :)) :))

Ian

Jordan

Mid-Western Thunderer
Hi Dave & welcome :wave:  Forget the Scottish Branch - Steam, Green or otherwise... these chaps need to be [s:1bw819us]indoctrinated[/s:1bw819us] properly educated in all that is The True Dark Side, so give us a hand & post as much U.S. Outline stuff as you like.....  :)) :)) :)) :thumbs:

M

Matador

Just to set the record straight I am modelling two periods, late Steam early Green Diesels and then a ten years later Blue period. As requested here are some more pictures.
David

Attachments

• NP A-3.jpg
    NP A-3.jpg
    588 KB · Views: 0

marsa69

Western Thunderer
The words 'Mikado' and 'Consolidation' spring to mind. Any chance that two of those excellent locos fit those descriptions?

Jordan

Mid-Western Thunderer
marsa69 said:
The words 'Mikado' and 'Consolidation' spring to mind. Any chance that two of those excellent locos fit those descriptions?
Consolidation is 2-8-0, so yes... Mikado (or "Mike" for short) is 2-8-2, so no.....
The 4-8-4 was most commonly known as Northern...

Think I suddenly know a lot about Steam Wheel arrangements..? (Especially from the Back of the Class!)
Google is your friend... Everything you never wanted to know about Kettle wheel arrangement names.... :thumbs: