New Member: Gareth Thomas

garethashenden

Western Thunderer
Hello Everyone,

I recently signed up and thought I should introduce myself. I primarily work in P4, but dabble in both 2mmFS and American N scale. My primary modelling focus is the North London c.1903, I am working on a small grimy central London layout for the Cameo Challenge. In addition to that I also enjoy building BR era wagons and recently purchased a Hymek to push them around with. The 2mm focus seems to be late '50s Southern, but there isn't a layout so it's all a bit theoretical. The American models are resolutely Boston & Maine, and have been for the past two decades, although I make life difficult for myself by wanting to model both 1949 and 1970. As you may have guessed, I'm bad at finishing projects.
The best overview of my recent work is probably the RMweb workbench: Gareth's Workbench: P4 and 2mmFS projects - Kitbuilding & Scratchbuilding

allegheny1600

Western Thunderer
Hi Gareth,
Welcome aboard! Like you, I have been messing around with many different prototypes over the years and am also (very) bad at finishing projects. Fun, isn't it?
Cheers,
John.

john lewsey

Western Thunderer
Ho Gareth I've followed your stuff on rmweb you may be interested in the North London layout in the S7 section
John

Michael Osborne

Western Thunderer
Welcome Gareth.
As a new member myself I feel you will be happy amongst these kindly folk. They are most helpful and encouraging. I have only been here a few weeks and I feel at home already and have received an enormous amount of help with my future projects.

Last edited:

Heather Kay

Western Thunderer
Hello Gareth. I'm looking forward to seeing what you're up to. :thumbs:

I do lurk on RMW, but I find it a noisy and messy kind of place. As Mike says, plenty of help and encouragement here from WT members, who only ask for plenty of photos in return.