Not exactly an early Maserati

Dangerous Davies

Western Thunderer
Hi Michael
Judging by the cylinder configuration the engine of the car in the first photo is a two-stroke. Other notable makers of 3 cylinder two-strokes were Saab, Wartburg and DKW. Do you any more about the car?

Cheers

Dave

AJC

Western Thunderer
Hi Michael
Judging by the cylinder configuration the engine of the car in the first photo is a two-stroke. Other notable makers of 3 cylinder two-strokes were Saab, Wartburg and DKW. Do you any more about the car?

Cheers

Dave

Assuming the bonnet next to it belongs, then it’s labelled Chase, I think.

Adam

David Waite

Western Thunderer
Hi Michael
Great photos
The Chase vehicle is interesting the wear on the open bevel gears running the magneto
must have been enormous but I suppose it wouldn’t have done a lot of mileage those days,
A soft seat for the driver not for the passenger and right hand drive?
David.

simond

Western Thunderer
My dad grew up in Letterkenny in Donegal. His dad had a small farm, and also the franchise from Esso to supply oils and fuels locally, and he talked about a similar horse-drawn fuel tanker.

Dad told a tale of the said tanker being loaded on a flat wagon of the Londonderry & Lough Swilly railway and it overhung the sides, but was judged safe to travel. At a subsequent station, the hub of one of the wheels ran up the platform ramp, and the wheel spun furiously, as you might expect. it clearly made some impression on him

I don’t know how old he was when this happened, quite young I suppose, I’m guessing were talking 1935 or so.