Heather Kay

Western Thunderer
6EAF40B5-2CC7-4F0C-B279-C026B7447DC0.jpeg

Grime on the ends, some additional roof dirt, and a light squirt just along the footboards. Nothing really visible here.

0A232245-8543-48E5-9BBC-2A4B43BD7086.jpeg

How about here? Hmm. Well, trust me, it’s not as shiny and black as it was!

I think I’ll let things dry for a bit, then review properly and add more if I think it needs it. You can always add, but it’s not so easy taking away.

Heather Kay

Western Thunderer
I tried to weather the sides, just a little bit. It didn’t really show up in photos, so you can’t take a look.

It all went a bit wrong. It looked utterly rubbish and completely amateurish. It was embarrassing, Not amazingly so, but enough to make me a bit worried about how I could rectify the problems - assuming I even could.

Happily, I’ve been able to resolve the issue, and things look a lot better now. So much so, I’ve just retouched some minor paint damage around the bogies and underframes, and I think I’ll get the big camera out again for some nice photos.

Heather Kay

Western Thunderer
The official photographer's apprentice has been.

See the gory images here.

I guess that's pretty much a wrap on another long-winded build thread. I found some remedial work that needs attending to while I was taking the photos, which made me utter some profanities. I really would like to try and get those damned roofs to sit nicely, but I feel it is now a lost cause.

Anyway, thanks for the company on the journey. Time to concentrate on a couple of other long-term bench blockers, and then I can really get stuck into new work.