On Heather's Workbench - Premier Line Backwaters

Overseer

Western Thunderer
Heather,
They came together very well, I think all your effort paid off. I have been meaning to ask what you used to fix the commode handles and door handles, and how? Also did you varnish the bodies after fitting the handles, or before?

Heather Kay

Western Thunderer
I have been meaning to ask what you used to fix the commode handles and door handles, and how? Also did you varnish the bodies after fitting the handles, or before?

Brasswork was fixed with superglue. A drop was decanted from the bottle, and a cocktail stick was used to apply a tiny drop to the work. Door handles were first dipped in the decanted drop, but the commode handles were placed and then glued.

The bodies were varnished after lining and lettering, but before the glazing and handles were fitted.

:)

Overseer

Western Thunderer
Thanks Heather. It is useful to know. I think I have only finished 1 etched brass panelled carriage and that was in plain green Highland Railway livery with no lining so the handles were soldered on. But I do have a few more in various states of completion....

Mike W

Western Thunderer
Just a comment about the long handrails on the end. They are the right colour, strange though that looks unless you know. Notice also how they are parallel to the sides at the bottom and parallel to the roof at the top. Too often modellers cut the corner. Well done Heather!

Mike

oldravendale

Western Thunderer
Hi Heather.

I saw these vehicles at the Watford Show yesterday. They look fantastic in the flesh - even better than the photos. A super piece of work.

Best regards.

Brian