Pen Y Bryn

westernfan

Western Thunderer
Great work . I have been looking around the Cwm Parc and Treorchy area for potential images of terraced cottages to make a backdrop on my latest project.

Phil.c

Western Thunderer
That's 12 miles from me, that is as the crow flies :) You shouldn't have any problems finding images of terrace cottages!

Phil

Phil.c

Western Thunderer
Here's some more detailing, a chapel poster, unfortunately it's only as good as the DPI of the printer, but impossible to read with the naked eye anyway!

Oh! and a door knob and letter box.

After fitting that downpipe, the labourer was sacked
icon_lol.gif

Phil

Close up 1    1500.jpg

Closeup 2  2000.jpg

westernfan

Western Thunderer
Illumination certainly brings the houses to life, and shows that you have built the terrace well as theres no light leaking out through any gaps .Are the lights white led or grain of rice old school bulbs?

Captain Kernow

Western Thunderer
Sorry if this has been covered before, Phil, but what's the rationale regarding having no upstairs rear windows? (or was it simply that the prototypes were like that?!).

Thanks.

Phil.c

Western Thunderer
They are based on the houses I was brought up in, when they were built, they originally just had one window and a door downstairs at the rear, no rear windows upstairs. The lean- to kitchens were built on later, then for those that were lucky, a bathroom and toilet, hot water supplied from a small copper tank behind the coal fire, no water pump!

I also remember using the outside toilet (detail picture) no fun in the dark or in the winter. There was also a coal shed for each house, a ton of coal was delivered by lorry and tipped outside the back door, this was a real downer to come home after a full days work, knowing that it had to be carried in by hand!

Phil

ceejaydee

Western Thunderer
Excellent - I can almost feel the rain drizzle on my face as I walk up that street.

You keep tempting with pics of your Mackie mixing desk and Roland monitors Phil; what kind of music do you make/produce?

Phil.c

Western Thunderer
Hi Christopher,

I have done a lot of everything from Gary More to country to Aerosmith to Jools Holland to....... now I've gone back to my roots and I'm creating the early Shadows stuff as close to the originals as possible.

Regards,

Phil