Polite Newbie Introduction

Buckjumper

Flying Squad
Cream cakes will also be provided to club members for celebration purposes of getting my first engine running – so they hopefully should be kind?….

Now you've got the hang of it! And remember, the more wheels, the bigger the cakes.

LNER Beyer-Garratt next? :D

D

Danny

Many thanks for all your replies. It is good to know that I am not the only member here who was over ambitious with their first kit choice!

Thrilled on Sunday getting my little J67 going, despite some teething problems during the latter part of the afternoon. On closer inspection when I got home, I am surprised she even managed several continuous runs up and down the line at all! My plunger pickup adjustment was hopeless! A bit embarrassing considering electronics is allegedly my profession! It is all well and good on a piece of straight programming track, but the curves and undulations of a real track, highlighted the simple corker I had made.

I still have a lot to learn...

Despite purchasing the entire stock of cakes from my local supermarket on Sunday morning they were all eaten! After setting this precedent, the West Mersea S7 group will be the fattest group on this forum, especially at the rate JB produces engines!