7mm Project 47: Brush Type Foul

rosspeacock

Modelling on a £1200 table.
Steve,

just a thought , and you might have already done/thought of, soak the grills in warm water to try and soften the glue then try and pick it off with tweezers etc.;)

Good idea Rob:thumbs: If that does'nt work I'm sure some of the suppliers who do detailing kits for the Heljan 47 will probably have the grilles in, Steve maybe you should get in touch with D J Parkins (MMP) He's on here you could send him a PM you'll need a detailling kit anyway if you are thinking of doing a 'modern 47'
Ross :D

Western Thunderer
Steve ;)

Your view on modelling is brilliant & your threads are not too bad either.

You resurrect new, but (messed up by others) knackered loco bodyshells, & we wait & watch with baited breath to see the finished article :drool:You give us all hope :p

Thankyou mate. :bowdown:

Steve :thumbs:

S

SteveO

Are you drunk again?

Haha! Just kidding. THANKS! I've only been in this hobby for 2 years and have gone from N to 2mm to blurred vision and finally to O. I like it in O and I want to stay. If get blurred vision in O I'm moving to 1:1!

Regarding the grills from above, I think they've been stuck with superglue. That have that feel about them. Picked up a bottle of Fairy Power Spray tonight so will attack tomorrow night. The other half is out AGAIN tomorrow night. If she didn't keep saying that she loved me and buying me presents I'd swear she was having an affair...

marsa69

Western Thunderer
If she didn't keep saying that she loved me and buying me presents I'd swear she was having an affair...

That's usually the first tell-tale sign of a...........err.......... never mind I was thinking of something else :oops:

tomstaf

Western Thunderer
Steve,

If the radiator drills are a write off, you can easily replace with plastic strip. I think strip will be better anyway cause the HJ grills are too chunky. Perfect opportunity to improve.

Cheers

Tom

Phill Dyson

Western Thunderer
Seeing as you've got it down to this state, you really ought to attempt to remedy the narrow gauge cab. The body is fine, it just tapers in far too much from about where the cab windows start. It's a lot of work but might be worth a go seeing as you may be getting another body :)

Cheers

Tom
Is there any photographic evidence of anyone actually doing this mod on a HJ 47 successfully ? :)

S

SteveO

If the radiator drills are a write off, you can easily replace with plastic strip.

Definitely something to consider. I haven't looked what's included in the MMP pack yet as I'm waiting on news from Heljan but there are definitely options.

About to get mucky with a Fairy...

S

SteveO

Haha! I wouldn't know about those things...

Well, the results are in. I gave a liberal spraying, rubbed it in and waited for an hour. Had a quick check and nothing really to show so I gave another spray over. Waited another hour and it seemed the same as it was. Same ritual followed. After another hour (3 in total) I gave it a good rinse to inspect the results. Nothing. It's exactly the same as it was.

I will wait for the word from Heljan. If it's good news, I'll get another body and give this another dunking in Dettol to see what happens. If it's bad I'm a bit lost!

S

SteveO

Heljan are now off on their 2 week holiday so this project will have to be put on hold until they get back. I don't know whether to pick up the 31, lay track on the layout or start something else?

S

SteveO

...... That 31 could keep you occupied :)
Erm, yes!

We are moving house on the 28th so it makes sense not to start another box of bits to end up strewn across the street while loading the van... The 31 is back on!

marsa69

Western Thunderer
My new house has a fair sized garden. when the wife saw me appreciating the size of said garden she retorted 'Forget it! Over my dead body' to which I thought 'Could be arranged' :D