7mm Re: Eastsidepilot's S7 work bench

Eastsidepilot

Western Thunderer
Lovely work Col but the photo makes the cab roof appear to slope down to the rear. Best to find out before the paint goes on. Been there!!
Ian.
Don't worry Ian that's not even the roof for this model , I just plonked one on for the camera that I had rolled as a test. The proper roof will be from 0.010" material.

Col.

Dog Star

Western Thunderer
... it looks like some toe-rag has nicked the copper tubes out of the boiler.
If you are referring to the smoke tubes and the superheater flues then likely to be CDS rather than copper given the date when those boilers were built.

Last edited:

Eastsidepilot

Western Thunderer
Nice, what is the earliest date for that livery?

This BR livery was started in'49 ( top link loco's were blue), the revision from crest to totem came in '56, I believe that all express loco's then went green ( mixed traffic black) with some top link LMR loco's being painted crimson .

Col.

paratom

Western Thunderer
Would be interested to know what pantograph machine you use. I have an GH Alexander pantograph engraver and my patterns are laser cut to either 6:1 or 4:1 Your templates are very impressive being cut by hand.

20141003_203332_LLS.jpg

Eastsidepilot

Western Thunderer
Try Yeadon for this class... the photo of Arsenal in early BR days is quite interesting hence my question about the earliest date for Arsenal as depicted here.

She's been built to the condition she was in when at Stratford 30A c 1955, she still had the original type boiler not being changed till '57 then srapped '58 !
I have not seen the Yeadons so can not comment Grahame.

Col.

Eastsidepilot

Western Thunderer
Would be interested to know what pantograph machine you use. I have an GH Alexander pantograph engraver and my patterns are laser cut to either 6:1 or 4:1 Your templates are very impressive being cut by hand.

View attachment 49383

I have a Taylor Hobson K model, having patterns cut by laser would save some time I'll admit, that's if I could do the cad drawings, but I'm happy to cut them by hand.

Col.

paratom

Western Thunderer
I have a Taylor Hobson K model, having patterns cut by laser would save some time I'll admit, that's if I could do the cad drawings, but I'm happy to cut them by hand.

Col.

Nice choice of pantograph and would have been my choice had I not picked up mine at scrap value although it now plays second fiddle to my cnc engraving machine. I will probably keep it for the heavier cuts and because I like old machinery.