Re: hello

28ten

Guv'nor
hello

Pint of Adnams said:
Seeing as I've just had some wheels for a GER Lowmac rewheeled at Western Thunder's workshops (cheers Cynric), I feel both obliged and entitled to see what's occurring. And anyway, didn't that great GER loco engineer James Holden come from Swindon...

It's a shame that not too many GW vehicles wandered off home territory, especially into East Anglia, but the odd Syphon (or is it Python, well anyway some sort of Monster), appears in the occasional parcels train, so you never know...

PoA
:wave: Eastern Thunder ?? :lol:
I would have thought horseboxes would be likely traffic as well? Do you have any pictures of your stock? I don't recall seeing any...

Jordan

Mid-Western Thunderer
hello

Pint of Adnams said:
Seeing as I've just had some wheels for a GER Lowmac rewheeled at Western Thunder's workshops (cheers Cynric), I feel both obliged and entitled to see what's occurring. ...
I hope we meet with your approval.. and welcome to the Forum!! :wave:
As it has been mentioned elsewhere in this Forum that Hymeks just possibly might have been seen in Scotland I'm pretty certain you could find GW stuff in East Anglia if you looked hard enough... :lol: :lol: :lol:

28ten

Guv'nor
hello

Pint of Adnams said:
[quote=""Jordan"":1w905xji]As it has been mentioned elsewhere in this Forum that Hymeks just possibly might have been seen in Scotland I'm pretty certain you could find GW stuff in East Anglia if you looked hard enough... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hi Jordan,

Thanks for the words of welcome. :D Pardon my ignorance of things GW, but what sort of steam engine is a Hymek. :scratch:[/quote:1w905xji]
I would watch it, you could have a lynch mob after you in these ere parts :lol: :lol: :lol:

lancer1027

Western Thunderer
hello

28ten said:
[quote=""Pint of Adnams"":3eqpb9je][quote=""Jordan"":3eqpb9je]As it has been mentioned elsewhere in this Forum that Hymeks just possibly might have been seen in Scotland I'm pretty certain you could find GW stuff in East Anglia if you looked hard enough... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hi Jordan,

Thanks for the words of welcome. :D Pardon my ignorance of things GW, but what sort of steam engine is a Hymek. :scratch:[/quote:3eqpb9je]
I would watch it, you could have a lynch mob after you in these ere parts :lol: :lol: :lol:[/quote:3eqpb9je]
I can see me issueing some more detention and lines :lol: :lol:

Phill Dyson

Western Thunderer
hello

Pint of Adnams said:
Pardon my ignorance of things GW, but what sort of steam engine is a Hymek. :scratch:
No that's a proper engine :rolleyes: :lol: ( Maybach MD870) not one of those funny kettle thingy's :laugh: .....welcome aboard P of A :wave:
Phill :thumbs:

Jordan

Mid-Western Thunderer
hello

Pint of Adnams said:
Pardon my ignorance of things GW, but what sort of steam engine is a Hymek. :scratch:
It's the sort of GWR Locomotive Mr Brunel would've designed if he'd had a Diesel engine to play with... :p :lol: :lol:
tongue0011.gif

28ten

Guv'nor
hello

Jordan said:
[quote=""Pint of Adnams"":1ebkphu3] Pardon my ignorance of things GW, but what sort of steam engine is a Hymek. :scratch:
It's the sort of GWR Locomotive Mr Brunel would've designed if he'd had a Diesel engine to play with... :p :lol: :lol:
tongue0011.gif
[/quote:1ebkphu3]
Can I be pedantic? :lol: whilst Brunel was a great engineer, his locomotive designs were not a success. Churchward would probably have used hydraulics though :lol: the GWR were early adopters of diesel traction with the railcars in the thirties. End of history lesson :lol: