Telford 2015

mickoo

Western Thunderer
Is anyone staying over on Saturday night, at a slightly lost cause, and staying within a few miles of the Telford area..?

JB.
If I can find somewhere to stay I might, bit late in the day to find anywhere now to be honest, though there was still one room in Bridgenorth last week when I checked.

Best

Mick D

OzzyO

Western Thunderer
Staying at the Premier inn near Telford railway station. Then out to The Crown at Oakengates to sample a few of his steam beers.

OzzyO +3.

Scale7JB

Western Thunderer
Well as expected that it might do in the near future, the car went bang today, and so there's a good chance that I won't be able to get to Telford this weekend.

There's a room still booked at the Buckatree hall Hotel about 5 miles outside of Telford centre if anyone is interested. I'm sure that there would be some way to change the booking name if it comes to it. I'll know for sure wether I'm there or not in a day or two..

:(

JB.

Dog Star

Western Thunderer
WT get together at 01/00 then :) ... at the test track then :)... on both days :) .

Um, which test track this year?

Or maybe we favour one track on Saturday and t'other track on Sunday :thumbs: .

East Midlands TT is L3 on the plan whilst the West Wilts TT is L5 - L5 is adjacent to the demo area so maybe start there on the Saturday?

regards, Graham (the Red Hat has been packed)

Rippers

Western Thunderer
WT get together at 01/00 then :) ... at the test track then :)... on both days :) .

Um, which test track this year?

Or maybe we favour one track on Saturday and t'other track on Sunday :thumbs: .

East Midlands TT is L3 on the plan whilst the West Wilts TT is L5 - L5 is adjacent to the demo area so maybe start there on the Saturday?

regards, Graham (the Red Hat has been packed)

If it makes it easier use Hospital Gates as a meeting point............there's only one of us!

daifly

Western Thunderer
Anyone meeting at 01:00 Hrs will be all alone, & in the dark...
Try 13:00 Hrs GMT instead :D ;)
I think that you'll find that Graham suggested 01/00 not 01:00. 01/00 signified 1 p.m. in some old timetables etc. Should still be daylight then.
If you turn up at 13:00 hrs GMT however you will probably be all alone as clocks are currently on British Summer Time which is GMT+1hr!

Ressaldar

Western Thunderer
'Traditionally' the meet-up has always been the test track adjacent to the Bring & Buy stand. There were two test tracks last year and our 'meet' was at L3 as usual - only a short walk between L3 & L5 anyway.

I'll see you somewhere in the Hall.

cheers

Mike

Simon

Flying Squad
I will be there as Wild Swan books, Neil Rushby has very kindly volunteered to help me over the weekend so I hope to be drinking tea and nattering for at least some of the time.

No new titles but probably a few special offers for the weekend on selected titles.

It will also (hopefully) be the unveiling of my highly professional and very funky new pop up exhibition displays.

I have two, one which features a stunning colour photograph from Brian Dale, the other an atmospheric black and white shot by Peter Barnfield. One SR, one GWR, but each slightly "subverted". They effectively trail a new Wild Swan title for next year......

I will hopefully get a photograph of Brian standing next to his image too.

Thank you very much to both Brian Dale and Peter Barnfield for permission to use their glorious images:)

Simon

Last edited by a moderator: