TT handrail fittings

Tim Hale

Western Thunderer
Hi,

I am looking for a reliable supplier of handrail fittings for TT, a couple of my RTR locos have suffered at the hands of the previous owners. Unfortunately, a recent purchase of TT handrail knobs was suspiciously ‘large‘ etc.

Thank you

Tim

Joe's Garage

Western Thunderer
Hi Tim
It might be worth looking at BRLines on farishnspares.co.uk as some fittings for the smaller N scale may be closer.
Also is it NBrass who do similar fittings.
Are you a member of the 3mm Scale Society? There are members here who may have something, but like you in the past I put some 4 mm handrail knobs on a pannier many moons ago and they looked okay.
Is it 1/120 or 1/100 TT?
All the best.
Julian

Tim Hale

Western Thunderer
Hi Tim
It might be worth looking at BRLines on farishnspares.co.uk as some fittings for the smaller N scale may be closer.
Also is it NBrass who do similar fittings.
Are you a member of the 3mm Scale Society? There are members here who may have something, but like you in the past I put some 4 mm handrail knobs on a pannier many moons ago and they looked okay.
Is it 1/120 or 1/100 TT?
All the best.
Julian
Hi,
The affected models are 1:87, it is pointless asking for 1:87 components in the UK, previously purchased supposedly TT knobs were suspiciously large and identical to AG.

Tim

michael080

Western Thunderer
Tim,

Weinert has pretty small handrail fittings.

I got the 8460 and 8465 style, but not the 8461. They are very likely the smallest fittings available. The wire will be 1.2mm from the surface and the hole is for 0.3mm wire which is eqivalent to 1" in prototype scale.

IMG_20230211_232855_cr_sml.jpg

Screenshot (2173)_cr_sml.png

Michael

AJC

Western Thunderer
Hi,
The affected models are 1:87, it is pointless asking for 1:87 components in the UK, previously purchased supposedly TT knobs were suspiciously large and identical to AG.

Tim

I make use of N gauge knobs for smaller locos - industrial tank engines and Terrier sort of a size. Branchlines used to carry them (not sure if they still do) and BH Enterprises does which is where I got my most recent ones from: Home.

I'm sure that someone, somewhere, does e-commerce, but I haven't found a supplier. These are quite simple 'ball on a stick' turnings which defy photography, rather than stanchions of the sort Gibson do (or those nice Weinert castings) and take 0.3mm wire.

Adam