UCV china clay wagon dia 1/051

lancer1027

Western Thunderer
Hi guy's ,
does anyone know if any manufacturer does a UCV china clay 5 plank open dia 1/051.? :scratch:
I have started to look into this a little but cannot find one. :headbang: Parkside do a 5 plank open which is close to dia 1/034 but would need work to correct the end ribs, side doors, add vac cylinders (dont know if parkside are fitted wagons) and the bearings are different. :eek: This would then make this kit ok but not as straight forward as i would like to start with. :headbang:

Cheers Rob :wave:

lancer1027

Western Thunderer
HI Phill,
thanks mate, i have looked at the skytrex ones and they are very nice :thumbs: but they are ?65 each :eek: where as if i was to lets say get 5 Parkside from Tower they would give a reasonable discount and i would end up paying about ?115 (for 5).

Rob :wave:

Jordan

Mid-Western Thunderer
lancer1027 said:
... the skytrex ones ... are very nice :thumbs: but they are ?65 each :eek:
yeah, I didn't want to be the first one to raise the issue of price... :oops: :rolleyes: :headbang: although they look very nice - especially the hoods - and I think they come already weathered :thumbs:

Andrew Thompson

Western Thunderer
Rob

a-b-s models (43 two 1 Models used to do a BR OWV 5 Plank open with roller axleboxes for clay traffic Ref 0.089 . If thats any help not sure how close this is to UCV but feel that this may be able to be modifed to fit the bill .

Andrew

lancer1027

Western Thunderer
Andrew Thompson said:
Rob

a-b-s models (43 two 1 Models used to do a BR OWV 5 Plank open with roller axleboxes for clay traffic Ref 0.089 . If thats any help not sure how close this is to UCV but feel that this may be able to be modifed to fit the bill .

Andrew
Hi Andrew, thanks for the info :thumbs: I will look at the a-b-s stuff as soon as i get chance :thumbs:

Cheers Rob :wave:

28ten

Guv'nor
Have you thought of making a master for resin casting? If you want a train of 20 or so it's the quickest and easiest way

lancer1027

Western Thunderer
Hi CME, not sure about the Skytrex model will have to have a closer look, but at that price it was'nt really an option :thumbs:

Rob :wave: