Vehicles For New Street And General Raiding Of The Toybox!

Jim S-W

Western Thunderer
My small fleet of Mk2 transits so far

mk2%20transits%20so%20far.jpg

Cheers

Jim

Phill Dyson

Western Thunderer
No mate, from Mercedes Benz.........I put a steel high roof like the one on your model onto a low roof van :eek::D..................& it never fell off :))

Jim S-W

Western Thunderer
Hi All

Been tidying up a few loose ends of stuff thats been OMWB for a long time. So long that I forgot all about this one!

forgotten%20cargo.jpg

Another ford cargo combined out of a Corgi Cab, base toys chassis, unknown wheels and a body made using the Hornby Curtain sided van sides.

Cheers

Jim

Jim S-W

Western Thunderer
Theres really no excuse for these 2 to have taken so long when you consider they were already built for me.

mk3%20transits.jpg

Mk3 Transits from the MBC kits. These would have been really new in my era so the weathering is very light.

Cheers

Jim

Jim S-W

Western Thunderer
Finally for today

A before and after shot showing what can be had from the toybox.

mercedes307d%20compared.jpg

In this case the Corgi mobile shop, narrowed, fitted with new wheels and the sides filled in to produce something more like a Mercedes 307D (as seen earlier)

Cheers

Jim

Phill Dyson

Western Thunderer
Nice work Jim :):thumbs:

I can see me having a go on some 1/43 Corgi classics at some stage, they would definitely benefit from losing the high gloss finish, if not a strip down & respray like you have done to such great effect :cool: . Have you experimented with gloss, satin & matt finishes? .........I was wondering which you found gave the best results?

Cheers Phill :)

Jim S-W

Western Thunderer
Hiya

several years ago Dullcote was banned from import to the UK (or at least threatened with a ban) and I switched to the army painter stuff. Now Dullcote is available again I wont be switching back as its very similar but doesn't have that slight lightening of the colour that Dullcote has and (when you consider how much you get for your money) its much cheaper.

Hope this helps.

Jim

Jim S-W

Western Thunderer
Hi All

A few more lorries for you

commando%20builders%20lorry.jpg

Another Dodge commando from a modified matchbox cab and a Base toys Leyland FG

leyland%20freighter.jpg

A Base toys Roadtrain converted to a Freighter - below is how the cab was chopped up

leyland%20roadtrain%20hacked.jpg

This was re-assembled then the back cut off to loose the small window. A spot of filler and some sanding and its done.

Cheers

Jim

Jim S-W

Western Thunderer
And now a few cars

maestro.jpg

Austin Maestro from the 3D print from Paul Burkitt-Gray For more on the evolution of this model see http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/46411-austin-maestro-cad-3d-printing-project/

This next project was a bit of a suck it and see one - the Ford Sierra from the Hornby (um) thing.
Suck it and see because if it didnt work out its no big deal. Below is what I came up with (with an original for comparison)

sierras%20front.jpg

sierras%20rear.jpg

sierras%20profile.jpg

Best keep these towards the back of the layout I think but a fun little project none the less.

Cheers

Jim

Jim S-W

Western Thunderer
Its got a bit of cavalier about it. Its an odd one as overlaying it over a suitably sized photo of a real one the outline is bang on. I know the real things look very oddly proportioned compared to a modern car but I'd be interested to hear where you think it needs more work

Cheers

Jim