Prototype Warship Details

D1054

Western Thunderer
I think the late Chris Broadhurst was instrumental in saving D821 and was an early pioneer in diesel preservation. A lifelong Warship fan, and I believe the DTG felt this renaming on one side appropriate for a period.

AJC

Western Thunderer
Very handy pic's Phil. I note the third picture down displays a typically Swindonian paint finish - flaking partly caused by differential expansion of the surface owing to the amount of filler...

I once heard one of the Severn Valley Westerns referred to as 'Isopon Castle'.

Adam

PS: How bizarre, Chrome spellcheck hasn't challenged 'Swindonian': does Google have a programmer who is a disciple of Churchward et al?

Last edited:

Western Thunderer
Very handy pic's Phil. I note the third picture down displays a typically Swindonian paint finish - flaking partly caused by differential expansion of the surface owing to the amount of filler...

I once heard one of the Severn Valley Westerns referred to as Isopon Castle.

Adam

PS: How bizarre, Chrome spellcheck hasn't challenged 'Swindonian': does Google have a programmer who is a disciple of Churchward et al?

I thought it had measles !! :)):)):))

Steve :cool:

Reactions: AJC

iploffy

OC Blue Brigade
I like the Massive Micro wave in the cab with all the buttons on it, so that's how they nuked there food in the pre BLUE plumbing days :))

taliesin

Western Thunderer
An opportune time to ask if anyone has any pictures of D832 Onslaught from the late 60's they would care to share ? :thumbs:, cheers Rob

West Junction

Western Thunderer
Here are some Warship photo's taken in either 1961 or 1962 at Southall West Junction. Unfortunately they are not of high quality due to my inexperience with my camera and the copies being produced from prints rather than my original negatives which I no longer have.

Southall 1962 -2013.jpg Southall 1962 -2014.jpg Southall 1962 -2016.jpg Southall 1962 -2022 D828.jpg Southall 1962 -2023.jpg Southall 1962 -2024.jpg Southall 1962 -2029.jpg
Southall 1962 -2014.jpg

And here is a poor shot of one of the D600's

Southall 1962 -2025.jpg