4mm Whatborough Camp

Norton Harborough
  • Roger Pound

Western Thunderer
    A further preparatory step has been taken, the basic completion of the wiring being achieved yesterday. The track is now powered up! Test running with various locomotives has taken place and just a few further minor jobs need doing, like tidying cables and replacing a point lever which has decided to collapse - it wasn't me Guv - never touched it, honest! I must admit that whilst I really like Caboose Hobbies point levers, they do, very, very, very occasionally literally come apart, apparently from the pressure of the spring loading in the lever. It has happened to me only three times in over ten years of using them so not a complaint, just an observation. However, I digress. Satisfactory operation has been achieved - the track is all Peco code 00 and the points are dead-frog. No problems with running have been encountered with any loco in my stud. The Motive Power Engineer has been showing a strong leaning towards the LNER of late and recent purchases of locos and rolling stock reflect this - watch out for photos in the not too distant future. Much to my personal pleasure, scenic work is next on the cards with a bit of Metcalfe kit bashing planned too. Watch this space and thank you for your interest.

Roger

Activity at Whatborough once more!
  • Roger Pound

Western Thunderer
    Activity at Whatborough has resumed!

SAM_2214.JPG
    One of Mr Thompsons new 01 2-8-0's drifts in with a train of empty wagons to be loaded with military supplies being transferred to the South Coast - so we are told.....:eek:!

SAM_2215.JPG
    A G2a waits for it's next turn of duty.

SAM_2216.JPG
    The station pilot parked on what is intended to be the servicing facility. Obviously work in progress ;)

More to come soon,

Roger

Last edited: