Wilko Johnson....Fingers Crossed.

Phill Dyson

Western Thunderer
I have just read this very moving & inspiring interview with Wilko on how he faced his diagnosis of terminal cancer which should have seen him pass away last October......he's still with us & hopefully with a positive twist in this particular tale, I hope to see Wilko go on with a new lease of life after some very major surgery.

I hope you find the interview as inspiring as I did:)

http://www.gq-magazine.co.uk/comment/articles/2014-04/30/wilko-johnson-cancer-interview

Fingers Crossed

Phill

SimonT

Western Thunderer
You might still be able to get his interview with Simon Mayo on the I-player. What a bloke. He now makes a joke of resting his guitar on the lump. And he has got the Doctors confused.

Simon

Arty

Western Thunderer
I think it was in 2010, I used to work in Groby - just outside Leicester. Every Friday we would escape for a quick pint at lunchtime to the Stanford Arms, as I took my first sip of Guinness I noticed sitting in the corner Wilco, Norman Watt-Roy and Dylan Howe having a coffee.
They were on their way to a gig in Shildon ( quite why they stopped off there I don't know)
So I went over, shook their hands and had a natter, later thinking what a terrible shame such a legend and genuinely nice bloke would be facing the end ( obviously not the only person in the world in that situation )

Great news about the op, hope it does the business.

Richard

Simon

Flying Squad
I heard that interview with Wilco, a genuinely gripping piece of radio and some of the most moving (and wise) words I'll ever hear.

Wilco is a legend, Dr Feelgood apart I was a big fan of Ian Dury and managed to see him at Tiffanys in Coventry when I was a student at the Poly.

Wilco had just joined Ian as he (Ian) had recently cheesed off Chas Jankel who'd left the Blockheads.

The combination and result on stage was electrifying, I'm a musical phillistine with few "gigs" attended but I reckon I was lucky to see the two of them (plus the rest of the band) that night.

An amazing survivor, fingers crossed for his operation:bowdown:

Simon

Purple-haze

Western Thunderer
His latest recording with Roger Daltry is IMO an absolute cracker.Long may he continue.

regards

Rog(not Daltry!)