Workshop thread

lancer1027

Western Thunderer
Hi Neil, well i have to admit that view through the window looks very tranquil,i'm most envious :drool: . Your workbench reminds me how mine used to look a very long time ago :rolleyes: . The wife keeps on at me to tidy it but of course when i sit down to tidy i end up actually doing a bit of modelling :thumbs: Oh well one day it might get done ;)
Rob :wave:

28ten

Guv'nor
Neil said:
Ok here's mine.

[attachment=3:n8qabftd]workbench 001.jpg[/attachment:n8qabftd]
It's uncharacteristically neat at the moment; quite by coincidence the grot had built up to such a level that it hindered work so was tidied up mid week, honest.

[attachment=2:n8qabftd]workbench 002.jpg[/attachment:n8qabftd]
The scuzz removal programme has yet to reach the over-spill area yet. The bureau (fiver from the local skips) acts as my project storage unit. It's full of stuff that should get done over the next few months, I have other cupboards where more long term, less likely to see completion potential projects live.

[attachment=1:n8qabftd]workbench 003.jpg[/attachment:n8qabftd]
The best bit though is the view from the window, which perhaps goes some way to explain why I spend so much time doing so very little.

[attachment=0:n8qabftd]workbench 005.jpg[/attachment:n8qabftd]
Modesty and the desire to slope around incognito normally precludes me from appearing in person on the interweb, but having photographic proof that the sun does indeed shine from out of my @r$e seemed to good to withhold.
what a lovely place to have a workbench I think I would spend all day daydreaming, and now we know where the sun shines from you must bend over more often :laugh: :laugh:

Barnaby

Western Thunderer
Sorry Lancer forgot to add the size.
It's 20 x 12 with an end to end layout down a 20ft length at the back, my woodworking tools to the front and a desk for writing and doing some water colour painting on.
Well that's the plan now that I've retired but the wife has me doing all the promised jobs about the house just now.

The track layout has been designed, some of the waggon stock is built, couple of locos on test track with a couple to build I can see I'm in for some hot steamy nights this summer.

Regards

28ten

Guv'nor
Barnaby,
you may need some form of dust extraction if you plan on using the area for woodworking, I found the dust plays havoc with models!!

Barnaby

Western Thunderer
Yeah that's right 28ten.
I'm going to install a chip & sawdust extract system as well as some sort of cover over for the track side.

28ten

Guv'nor
Barnaby said:
Yeah that's right 26ten.
I'm going to install a chip & sawdust extract system as well as some sort of cover over for the track side.
Good move :thumbs: I use the Festool system which is 95% dust free but the remaining 5% is a right pain :D

Barnaby

Western Thunderer
Ooops seems I demoted u in my previous post from 28 to 26, sorry.
I've not yet decided which one but I'll have another look at their range.

Thanks

Simon

Flying Squad
Yes, I somehow find it easier to "get around" the workpiece when its set higher, no shunting around of the seat while you try and get into awkward angles with files etc.

Also you can stuff more gear underneath a higher bench :lol:

D1054

Western Thunderer
Hi Guys,

A couple of shots of my bench - not usally like this, but just had a sort out in the garage..... :)Workbench #1.jpg

Workbench #2.jpg

lancer1027

Western Thunderer
Hi D1054, Exellent workbench, lots of lovely "BR Blue diesels" especially the western :thumbs: . Can we see a close up of the western please :drool: :drool:

I notice there are some nice pics on the walls. WESTERNS.....Mmmmmmm :drool: :drool:

Simon

Flying Squad
Phill Dyson said:
That's a nice workshop Simon :thumbs: .......what size shed is it ?

Phill :wave:

8 X 8 - otherwise known as too small :lol:

Here's the view looking into the other corner, the wagon plate is off the very last wagon to inhabit Bath Midland Bridge Yard, which was eventually torched and cut upon site, a 12T van.

[attachment=0:232hcvzc]Heaventoo.jpg[/attachment:232hcvzc]

Attachments

• Heaventoo.jpg
    Heaventoo.jpg
    279.5 KB · Views: 81

Jordan

Mid-Western Thunderer
I've just noticed that this workshop has everything including the Kitchen Sink...

file.php

:eek: :lol: :lol: :thumbs:

Scale7JB

Western Thunderer
My little workbench... it really is 'too' little... and far, far less tidy than this now..! :rolleyes:

JB_Workbench_012.JPG

JB.

lancer1027

Western Thunderer
Hi scale7jb, Nice little workbench you have there :thumbs: . At least with it being a "smaller" workbench you wont end up with the mess build up like on mine :headbang: As it take ages to find anything. I must tidy it up and soon :vista:

Scale7JB

Western Thunderer
lancer1027 said:
Hi scale7jb, Nice little workbench you have there :thumbs: . At least with it being a "smaller" workbench you wont end up with the mess build up like on mine :headbang: As it take ages to find anything. I must tidy it up and soon :vista:

Oh believe me, the workbench is a state now...!

That shot was taken just as I had started to build my J68... March 2008... it has well and truly clogged up since then ! :laugh:

JB.

28ten

Guv'nor
Scale7JB said:
My little workbench... it really is 'too' little... and far, far less tidy than this now..! :rolleyes:

[attachment=0:1wh47cii]JB_Workbench_012.JPG[/attachment:1wh47cii]

JB.
It doesnt matter how big the bench is you will always end up working on a little bit 12 inches x 6inches :laugh: