38th Uckfield Model Railway Exhibition - 21st/22nd October 2023

Lyndhurstman

Western Thunderer
Currently en route, overnighting in a caravan south of Blandford Forum. Three hours drive tomorrow still to go… Probably Saturday, but maybe Sunday… How do you non-Cornwall-based people cope with all this traffic? :)

Cheers

Jan

NHY 581

Western Thunderer
Morning all,

I appear to have a far bit of space behind the trainset. If anyone wants to dump bags, coats etc then you're more than welcome.

Rob.

Simpas

Western Thunderer
Sounds like it will be a great exhibition, but like others I am too far away.
A lovely ensemble of IR's work, but I was intrigued to find out where the Boston and Albany HO US layout went. Does anyone know, "something" Bluff I believe.
Cheers
Julian
The layout is Roque Bluffs (pronounced rock bluffs, Iain's own words) is the terminal of a fictional branch of the Maine Central (MEC), which ran south eastward from the main line just south of Calais in Northern Maine.

The layout including some of those on display at Uckfield, is in fact in the care of the group of friends who were able, with the assistance of Iain's family, to take possession and ensure they could be enjoyed by all who wished to see them. Unfortunately 'Roque Bluffs' was in the process of heavy overhaul when Iain died. It is intended to continue this overhaul and bring it to the public at some time in the future but we're not sure when. It is and is intended it will remain a P87 standard layout.

I hope this helps you.

Mick S.

Joe's Garage

Western Thunderer
Lovely selection of photos especially Butley Mills, thank you for sharing.

Mick thank you for this information on Roque Bluff, I did think it was FS. There were a series of articles in the Model Railroader 10 years or more ago I believe.

Also nice to see the Cornish stock.

Greatly appreciated
Cheers
Julian