A "BRUTE" of a question

Dog Star

Western Thunderer
Talking with Heather about loading parcels and mail in Mk.1s - should there be something in the baggae area or not - we were not able to put firm boundaries on the use of the British Railways Universal Trolley Experiment.

So when were BRUTEs introduced?

What is the latest date when one might need to be nimble toed to avoid being run over by a tug and train of them?

thanks, Graham

Heather Kay

Western Thunderer
But can this wiki information be relied upon?......

I have to say Wikipedia has a certain reputation, but in my experience most of the basis information is sound. Of course, if you find something incorrect, you sign up and correct it. That's the way it's made better. ;)

Heather Kay

Western Thunderer
Wiki has a reputation that is sometimes deserved hence the question here. The references in the Wiki article do look re-assuring.

I think the reputation is for politicians and pop stars, where people pile in and make all kinds of malarkey, usually to prick a bubble of pomposity. For most of the normal everyday stuff I look up I've found the resource impeccable.

djparkins

Western Thunderer
I have to say Wikipedia has a certain reputation, but in my experience most of the basis information is sound. Of course, if you find something incorrect, you sign up and correct it. That's the way it's made better. ;)

I agree - the best test of Wikipedia is to visit a page about a subject you are know a lot about and see if there are any glaring mistakes.

As a test, I've visited all the pages on sex, drugs & rock n' roll and they are generally pretty good!!!