2mm Ashuelot Branch 1939

garethashenden

Western Thunderer
I haven't updated this thread since March, and there's a very good reason for that. In March I got a pair of kittens and they are a bit too enthusiastic about the railroad. Luckily I have managed to make some progress recently, hopefully that will continue. In chronological order, this is what I've been up to.

I scratchbuilt the coal trestle for Ashuelot Paper according to the B&M's standard plans. Its all Evergreen styrene.
Djik3ea.jpg
HzobDC2.jpg
rTMrYp2.jpg

The back of the backscene was explored. I'm kinda impressed he made it up, and he had no trouble getting all the way up.
Qj5pCDG.jpg

Trees were inspected
gv7cxYu.jpg

I wasn't happy with the rock cutting. I had painted them too heavily and they'd lost the detail. So I replaced them all with new castings.
JX3ddjf.jpg

Which had to be inspected:
nksRwzY.jpg

And with a thin wash
FMYlDI9.jpg

The trestle has now been painted and installed. Its floating for most of the length so I'll need to bring the ground level up a bit in places. But at least the track is level!
GwRz7Ax.jpg
lENfpMH.jpg
x5csPms.jpg

Simon H

Fortunately, our cat is getting on in years and less likely to climb all over things like layouts! It took me a while to realise that your layout was N scale...I've dabbled in US N but never quite got as far as a layout, but although I sold all the stock I'd bought, I still have some track, turnouts, structure kits and other stuff so I could potentially return to it.
I really like the whole North Eastern genre for modelling, and having found this thread will be following your progress with interest.
Cheers,
Simon.