Bishops Stortford Loco - S7 competition.

Scale7JB

Western Thunderer
Finally got a chance to use Templot, and came up with this.. shouldn't take more than a couple of months to get this working properly..

Flangeways aren't quite right of course, but more of a guide than an exact plan of the trackwork.

JB.

Attachments

• bishops_stortford_loco.png
    bishops_stortford_loco.png
    205.2 KB · Views: 93

AdamF

Western Thunderer
Looks exciting JB! I'm having problems viewing it in a large size, though - is this a file that needs to be opened in Templot?

AdamF

Western Thunderer
Managed to get the larger size on the computer rather than the iPad - that's going to be some great trackwork :thumbs: Will there be other boards/areas? What's the scheme?

mickoo

Western Thunderer
The track may have been rationalized and the TT removed but I'm sure that spur remained into the 80's, I'm sure I've seen images of 37s on Cambridge trains coming under that bridge (top image) with the siding still in place? It'll certainly make a nice little compact and interesting layout.

Scale7JB

Western Thunderer
Thanks all... Yes the turntable was still there for my period, but no chance of all that lovely track unfortunately..

You have to admit it would be pretty boring if built as in the 1960 photograph, so I'm hoping some modellers licence might be allowed?!

JB.

7mmMick

Western Thunderer
Finally got the PC sorted and managed to catch up on WT threads. Love this one JB and very excited to see it come to life. Bags of character there, whats the grounded coach body just out of interest?

ATB Mick

Dog Star

Western Thunderer
I hope someone can explain why the track "one away" from the platform has a check rail through the curve... (see the 1911 photos from Adrian). OK - one can say because of curvature - fair enough, then why no check rail to the track "two away"?

regards, Graham

Scale7JB

Western Thunderer
I hope someone can explain why the track "one away" from the platform has a check rail through the curve... (see the 1911 photos from Adrian). OK - one can say because of curvature - fair enough, then why no check rail to the track "two away"?

regards, Graham

I would think there was probably a speed restriction on the Braintree branch line..?

JB.

Scale7JB

Western Thunderer
Also, notice the check rail has been removed by 1956, which suggests possible overkill by the 1911 pway engineers..

JB.