Brightwell S7 meet..

flexible_coupling

Western Thunderer
The NSWGR CPH is lovely and unexpected - would John happen to be able to divulge the manufacturer? I'd love one... barely justify it, but I'd love one all the same!

Edit: Realized it's almost definitely a Waratah Models brass. Tis a goodie!

Scale7JB

Western Thunderer
Also realised that when I mistakenly put the (DC) F5 on the (DCC) layout that I've blown the motor...!

Another Brightwell that's cost me! Bugger...

JB.

Eastsidepilot

Western Thunderer
..............Colin also chipped a couple of locos on the day, one worked, the other a dead short, hope the latter was just a wiring fault and not something more costly.

Got the J68 running properly now with sound and the J15 had a faulty chip, a new one in that sorted things out, so the "resident" LoveLane loco's are ready for duty. I'll bring them back to the next meeting.

An excellent day was had by all I believe, this has been an superb meet from the first, many thanks Rob and April.

DSCF3189.JPGDSCF3192.JPGDSCF3193.JPGDSCF3194.JPG

Col:)

Scale7JB

Western Thunderer
It's strange though, I know DCC Will harm a motor if connected for a prolonged period, but it was on there for only a few seconds...

I'll have a chat with ABC, and see what their experiences are..

JB.

Len Cattley

Western Thunderer
I had a great day nice to put faces to names and have a good chat. Rob and April do a great show and I look forward towards it every year.

Len

Steph Dale

Western Thunderer
It's strange though, I know DCC Will harm a motor if connected for a prolonged period, but it was on there for only a few seconds...

I'll have a chat with ABC, and see what their experiences are..

JB.

JB,
If it's a coreless motor it'll blow almost instantly; what motor is it?
Steph

Scale7JB

Western Thunderer
Hi Steph, it's a Canon...

Spoke to Brian and Karen at ABC, and they mentioned it'll blow pretty easily...

£27 for a new motor, but free fitting.. Can't argue with that..

JB.

Steph Dale

Western Thunderer
Aah. Yeah the Canon can be funny bu&&er at times, in many ways its behavior is very like a coreless motor.
Sounds like a fair deal from ABC, nice people to deal with.

Steph