DM's Photos

LarryG

Western Thunderer
Two I drove for Gold Star were Bedfords with Yorkshire reg'es. One of them had an early form of power-steering that didn't self-centre as one would have expected and was almost dangerous. Also drove a petrol engine version from North Wales back to its owner (Town & Country) near Manchester after I had repainted it. Yup, I did full-size coaches too haha.

David Mylchreest

Western Thunderer
The K&ESR 0-4-0T didn't have a placard explaining it. I got the impression that it's a diesel conversion of a steam engine. I'd be grateful for some info.

David Mylchreest

Western Thunderer
Last Saturday I went to both Corris and Porthmadog. I was going to go to the test match but when I woke at the hotel it was raining and cold and the weather forecast was awful. Plus Old Trafford doesn't do stands that are undercover. My OCD kicked in and I felt an urgent need to be elsewhere. Still, all's well that ends well, England won the test and I had a great time in mid-Wales.
Some pictures of my day
53945035241_b6b17cdee2_c.jpgNo 10 by David Mylchreest, on Flickr

The herbert in the cab is me. Many years ago, in the noughties, I donated to the fund to build this locomotive and on Saturday I mentioned this during the conversation so I was invited to have my photo taken in the cab. All part of a brilliant day out.

53945370055_1fb06ceff1_c.jpgCorris No10 by David Mylchreest, on Flickr
53945243654_8bd2e4eb88_c.jpg20240824_130953 by David Mylchreest, on Flickr
53945157603_acbae2bb1f_c.jpgJames Spooner by David Mylchreest, on Flickr
53945230719_1b5d49a630_c.jpgHugh Napier and James Spooner by David Mylchreest, on Flickr
53944898336_f133f7f440_c.jpgLinda shunting by David Mylchreest, on Flickr
53944896666_67b902e54c_c.jpgLinda by David Mylchreest, on Flickr
53945221209_46e6763a57_c.jpgHugh Napier by David Mylchreest, on Flickr

All taken on the phones camera, it really is astonishing just how good they are nowadays. A pity for the excessively shiny screen, I must get around the fitting the matte protector

Peter Insole

Western Thunderer
Hi David, I'm sorry that I have only just found your July photo of that lovely Bedford, Duple Vega; LDV 994! I'm also sorry Brian, but you've been fooled... as it was never in that fleet!

When I opened the thread I nearly jumped out of my seat... It was always (in regular service) one of "our own" down here in Suffolk! The redeveloped site of the former garage where it operated from is just a couple of hundred yards from the end of our garden, and clearly visible from the upstairs front bedroom window!

It was delivered new to Burton Coaches in 1958, and continued with them until 1980, and thence passed to a small operator in Boxted, (I seem to remember) before being "privately preserved" in 1983! It is so good to see it still in such superb condition, considering how long ago it was sold.

Buses and coaches seem to change hands quite regularly - and are all too often seen as ideal candidates for conversion into burger bars or caravans!

Anyway, she does appear to be painted in reasonably authentic Burton's colours - but not necessarily in the right order!

Pete.

oldravendale

Western Thunderer
Hi David, I'm sorry that I have only just found your July photo of that lovely Bedford, Duple Vega; LDV 994! I'm also sorry Brian, but you've been fooled... as it was never in that fleet!
Thanks for correcting me - however I was not suggesting that the coach in the photo with that registration was one of Premiers. Nevertheless, despite advancing years I remain convinced that Premier had one or more of the same bodied Bedfords. The more I immerse myself in nostalgia the more I realise that everything I remember is wrong!:))

Brian