Gog Summer Show - Halifax 2nd June

D1054

Western Thunderer
You got that done pretty sharpish :thumbs:
No time like the present! the 1970's!;) We've had to work most nights to get to this stage but a BIG mistake taking a short cut and using old H&M point motors....... not up to the job for an exhibition and I have visions of being under the layout more than working it on Sat:eek::headbang:

Rob Pulham

Western Thunderer
Hoping to get to both of them:thumbs: Ross
It will be good to meet you Ross, I always seem to have missed you at other shows due to the later meet ups.
Looking at the show guide on the guild site the test track is in the main hall this year so it should be easy to get there from the bargain hunting:thumbs:

7mmMick

Western Thunderer
Looks like 11.15 around the test track will be best Mick :)..........with a possible 13.00 meet up for anyone who misses the first one ?:D

I may not get there in time for the first meet but I'll be there for the second one,

ATB MIck

Rob Pulham

Western Thunderer
Well I had a cracking day at Halifax. My J63 had several runs around the test track without fault as did the Y6. I saw Mick and Mick Nicholson. I just managed to miss Alan, seeing the back of his head as he passed. Later I saw Ian, Phil and Ross at the DCC Diesel demonstration layout. Good to meet you Ian and Ross:thumbs:.

I also had a good chat with Steph at the technical stand and he was showing me the GRP rod in action. After my trials with plungers I will be exploring this further in future builds.

On the buying front, I mainly picked up a stock of nickel rod, the GCR smokebox door dart from Gladiator and my long awaited turntable from Metalsmith - no excuse not to make progress with the layout now.

I kept straying back to the bring and buy but the only thing that took my fancy was a part built LNERBY120 Pigeon van for £75 but I thought it a lot for something that someone had had a play with - if it had been un-started I would have snapped it up. It was still there as I left. I didn't come away completely empty handed adding a Meteor Sentinel kit to the pile.

Phill Dyson

Western Thunderer
I completely forgot to take my camera, despite getting it out and charging the battery in readyness:oops::rolleyes:
So did I Rob :oops:........only phone pics I'm afraid;)

Nice to meet up with the fellow Thunderers again :) ........ apologies to the ones I missed :(

Phill :thumbs:

lancer1027

Western Thunderer
EXCELLENT pics Phill, wish i could have gone:( Looks a great display Boris :thumbs: and as Phill says with PROPER locos. Mmmmmmm HYDRAULICS.

I hope its a mirror at the end of the demo/layout, :confused: otherwise theres someone trying to impersonate Phill:))
I guess the wessies are Governor, Guardsman and Gladiator ?
Rob:thumbs:

D1054

Western Thunderer
Well, that was a fun day! Quite a few track glitches, but the fleet and guest loco's stood up to the test pretty well with no loco failures and all safely returned to their respective owners. The class 22 is a superb model built by Richard Dockerell from a Beattie kit, and has been modified and enhanced - you should see some of his coaches too.... amazing. Sadly not DCC, so we had a few periods of static display on the viaduct;).

On the purchasing front I came home with 8 ABC motors/gearboxes for the 52's, and a rake of the Presflo's from Malcolm Butterworth :thumbs:.

Great to see all the WT's out and about, and very grateful for the positive comments, guys. Nice pics too, Phill!.

Haven't had chance to sort any of the pics taken by the Missus, but might post a couple later if I get a chance.

Cheers,

Boris.

Phill Dyson

Western Thunderer
....as far as purchases go, I picked up a Milk Tank, a scratchbuilt MK1 in blood & custard, but which will end up either maroon or BR(SR) green to be mixed in with my Blue Grey MK1 rake & a part built Warship from Ross which will be 832 Onslaught in either BFYE or MFYE hopfully later this year.
I did see plenty of other good buys too like for example the nicest Rail Blue RJH class 47 I have ever seen which was a snip at £400 ( a real credit to the builder IMO).........I suppose the number of Heljan 47's around has de-valued these kits, talking of which there was a Heljan 47 on the Bring & Buy refinished in Virgin livery that was going for & £340.........all in all a great day :D..........looking forward to Telford :thumbs:.........I had better start saving ;)

Cheers Phill

rosspeacock

Modelling on a £1200 table.
Had a great day, good pictures Phill:thumbs: Nice to see everyone, bought myself 2x PRMRP Class 26/7 33 conversion kits for Lima class33 plus wheels, also some class 14 wheels(slaters) and some new frame/conrods with the proceeds from the Warship sale to Phill.. :thumbs::D

lancer1027

Western Thunderer
Had a great day, good pictures Phill:thumbs: Nice to see everyone, bought myself 2x PRMRP Class 26/7 33 conversion kits for Lima class33 plus wheels, also some class 14 wheels(slaters) and some new frame/conrods with the proceeds from the Warship sale to Phill.. :thumbs::D
Wooooo, get this on your workbench boyoh:thumbs:. Steve would like to see this. (so would i ):D.

Also , Phill looking forward to seeing the thread on your new Warship;),
Glad you all had a great time, shame i was'nt able to get:(. Oh well really looking forward to Telford:)

Rob

7mmMick

Western Thunderer
Had a great time at the show, managed to meet Rob and his good lady early on and saw the J63 and tram engine running, vey nice. I missed the later meeting, apologies chaps. I haven't been to Halifax for a few years but will now try and make it a permenant feature as I had a great time, I enjoyed the two shed type layouts and yours Boris, what an achievement in such a short timescale,

ATB Mick

D1054

Western Thunderer
Just a last post on this year's Halifax Show...... thanks for the kind comments on our 5 week project to get Bridge Norton up an running (most of the time!). It was pure coincidence that the WLA were with us on a day when the secondman on D1007's disasterous run in '73 should present himself to us, and he spend a good while chatting to John Kite about it all...... fascinating stuff.
DSCN1924.jpgDSCN1925.jpgDSCN1926.jpgDSCN1927.jpgDSCN1928.jpgDSCN1929.jpgDSCN1931.jpg
Hope you like the pics, and hope to see a few of you down at the SVR this coming Saturday for D1062's next main running day..... please get down and enjoy the thrash if you can:thumbs: