Grahame's N/2mm bashes

Yorkshire Dave

Western Thunderer
<<<< INVERTED CLICHE ALERT >>>>. The bus is under the bridge. I repeat, the bus is under the bridge..<<<< INVERTED CLICHE ALERT >>>>

The advantage on modelling inner urban areas - you can get away with buses on or under bridges.... :) :rolleyes:

You probably won't be able to see the bus or any other vehicles under the bridge when all the other buildings are in place (as plonked here, without being fixed in place in the pic below). But it's nice to know that there is something there. Or is there? :)

Ah, with smartphones you can drop them into the streets and take photographs at street level so vehicles, etc would be noticeable by their absence.

These areas would have been inaccessable with larger cameras when we were confined to helicopter views.

simond

Western Thunderer
to be fair, busses under bridges are not at all an uncommon sight in that there Lunnun. I guess they make good places for bus stops!

grahame

The advantage on modelling inner urban areas - you can get away with buses on or under bridges.... :) :rolleyes:

Ah, with smartphones you can drop them into the streets and take photographs at street level so vehicles, etc would be noticeable by their absence.

Yep, definitely an advantage.

I've been using a tiny compact camera which is actually smaller than most smartphones (certainly in length and width, although probably about twice as thick), but I wouldn't want to drop it on to the street when the layout is finished as it would be almost impossible to reach from the front of the layout and to have room to pick it up between the tall buildings. That's a snag with N/2mm - everything is a whole lot smaller including the roads and one of the reasons why I take snaps as I progress the layout.

grahame

Today I've knocked up the plate girder sides for the bridge over Borough High Street. They are not finished and need detailing and painting but the main structure and shape is there even though they are not fixed in place.

It appears that it is two bridges smooshed together, hence the two different shaped sides, and also the underside details (although I'll not bother with modelling that). And, of course, there are now three bridges with a complete new one recently added in front (but that is outside my modelling period) which necessitated demolishing quite a few buildings including those in the foreground of the first pic.

And, yep, a bus under the bridge. But mainly to check that the bridge is sufficiently high enough for buses to pass underneath.

DSC07531crperred.jpg

DSC07530crperred.jpg

Joe's Garage

Western Thunderer
From a Google search Tim...."chiefly US, informal : to press or force (someone or something) into a small space. They smooshed us all into one room."
I must be getting old, I hadn't heard it either!