7mm Heljan Western up-grade

Andrew Thompson

Western Thunderer
Rob
I posted this in 2008 on the other side ,stalled at the moment as my interest moved on to a class 22 and class 15 plus other projects none of which I have finished much to my dismay.

Building a small 7mm MPD based on Kings Lynn (sounds familiar) for my local club at the moment (will get the camera tomorrow) then finish the Class 15 and then the Western .
Class%2052%20Build%20009.jpgClass%2052%20Build%20008.jpg
From memory white plasikard base with 5thou black backing piece and square strip to form the raised edge . If PH produces an etch will go with that as a replacement .

rosspeacock

Modelling on a £1200 table.
That's excellent. . Its a big one. . 24 of them in a loco (or am I just being really thick) there is two V12 maybach engines in a Western isn't there? I'll shut up now and get to the back of the class...

Ross (thanks for the pictures Tim by the way)...

OzzyO

Western Thunderer
That's excellent. . Its a big one. . 24 of them in a loco (or am I just being really thick) there is two V12 maybach engines in a Western isn't there? I'll shut up now and get to the back of the class...

Ross (thanks for the pictures Tim by the way)...

Try a Sulzer piston from a class 47 about 12" X 18" but lower revving, big bang lots of grunt. It was a slow speed engine, after all.

OzzyO.

InvernessTMD

Western Thunderer
Slightly OT but Pandrol clips make excellent door stops!! (Get fresh ones if you can, rather than ones that have been used, given where a lot of train toilet output goes...)

Brian Daniels

Western Thunderer
Phill the headcode is well Headcode, that's what it's labelled as.

I just remembered to take a picture of the before and after fronts of these Westerns, so here you are.

I am still waiting for some castings from Laurie to continue this project.
IMG_0593.jpgIMG_0590.jpgIMG_0591.jpg