7mm JF's assorted stuff.

Western Thunderer
Did someone say visit? Give us a day and a time and I'll drag the Colonel along ;)

Hi Mark,

a date for your diary:thumbs: - 18th October 2014:thumbs: , time 13.00:thumbs: , venue Wirral O Gauge Group:thumbs: , Corporation Road, Birkenhead, CH41 1HB - next Open Day:thumbs: , you missed the one today:shit::)) and Steve - as mentioned by Jon above, was there too.

anybody else would be welcome as well - DC & DCC.

cheers

Mike

O bugger, Im in Spain :(, that weekend visiting my mum

Steve :cool:

ZiderHead

Western Thunderer
That gantry looks stunning under natural light with the shadows playing on the structure, and using real wood for the planking makes it look like … its real wood :thumbs:

Jon Fitness

Western Thunderer
That gantry looks stunning under natural light with the shadows playing on the structure, and using real wood for the planking makes it look like … its real wood :thumbs:
I had to wait for the sun to peep from behind the clouds! Just got it back in the house before it rained again..
JF

Jon Fitness

Western Thunderer
Like those Jon:thumbs: Why not cast in resin?

Whatever, do you think Heyside could acquire a few?

Cheers

Richard
I could cast them in resin but I'm more geared up for w/m from my 4mm bus parts days. I already cast a few w/m signal bits anyway and I've still got a lot of scrap whitemetal castings and bits to get through!
If they turn out OK (never guaranteed where I'm involved) you are more than welcome to some.
JF

Simon

Flying Squad
How good to see models of the fascinating lineside "boxes" that were such a feature of railways, even in their unfinished state they just ooze atmosphere.

Resin Location cabinets in 1/32 scale, I think another project has added itself to the list......

Simon

mickoo

Western Thunderer
Mmm I like those cabinets, not something you see modelled very often, I see to recall some of those still kicking around in the 80's in more under developed locations, certainly where semaphore signalling was still the average and not the unusual.

Jon Fitness

Western Thunderer
Mmm I like those cabinets, not something you see modelled very often, I see to recall some of those still kicking around in the 80's in more under developed locations, certainly where semaphore signalling was still the average and not the unusual.
They made good stands for taking pics from too! Taken from the main battery box for the down main homes and down track circuits at Barton Moss while on duty. You can see a smaller one by the signal too! Had to dash back to the box to ring bells and operate levers after taking it..
Deltic passing Barton Moss - Copy (1280x788).jpg
They seemed to be just about anywhere that an item of signalling equipment needed a supply of batteries. Lamp repeaters, track circuits, signal repeaters etc. It seemed that batteries plus chargers were the default setting years ago but it's mostly changed to wired power supply nowadays.
Anyways, added post caps and lamp staging to the LNW signal today after firmly fixing the dolls in place. Nearly done all the easy bits now.....

IMG_0615 (800x600).jpg
JF

Jon Fitness

Western Thunderer
Hi Richard, for this signal I can still use my 3mm warm white LEDs. They work better where I can fit them up into the lamp cases rather than from behind. I'm starting to use small SMD type now.I've found some 2mm x 3mm ones which fit nicely in the back of lamp cases where there is a bracket in the way.
JF.

adrian

Flying Squad
I presume Jon means surface mounted devices (SMD) i.e. small ones with tiny little spider legs for soldering direct onto pcbs.