Kettering - (roadworks warning) now Post-Show Report!!

S

SteveO

Hi Steve :thumbs:

There was a DJH class 03 kit on the bring & buy, Did you get it ?.

Steve :cool:

Probably – it was the kit on the E&T section right at the back of the room. It's a nice kit but it still has flaws. A major problem of the Right Price kits are the bonnet vents being half-etched so are inset instead of proud of the bonnet. On the DJH they are not proper angled louvres at all but simply flat louvre 'shapes'. I'm going to have a look at this for the revised kits as both are incorrect. It also comes with 3'6" wheels – also incorrect.

I was talking to Adrian at ABS and he said his 03 & 04 kits were exactly the same but he is unlikely to find the time to revise and rerelease them.

S

SteveO

Unfortunately not, Mick. Malcolm and I discussed this and it was one of the things he was going to look at if he ever reintroduced it, but he would only have had come up with the same idea as DJH. I've thought of a few ideas around the problem – one is the same as yours, but in resin. Another is to make a proper louvred master and produce the whole bonnet in resin or pewter and the final idea is to make a thin etched slot at the base of each louvre opening, anneal the brass then, with a correctly sized tool, push the bottom of the louvre out. Hopefully this would form an accurate shape, but it would be hard to control.

Apparently the MMP 03 was exactly the same style as the DJH. I've never seen one of those so can't confirm.

rosspeacock

Modelling on a £1200 table.
Had a great and spent very little just a few lost wax castings from Westdale for my Mk1's. 2 pairs of easybuild bogies 1 commonwealth and 1 BR1 for the Mk1's too. Also a rather nice Michael Welch book "early diesels in London"
Nice to see everyone and put faces to newer members...

Ross....

Western Thunderer

Ok then. I had a list (not a wish li.....) for parts for the undergubbins for my 2 x Mk1's (RTC & Scottish B&G), Got them from Model Express, as Peter cowling didnt have anything with him !!. Also had a good chat with the owner of Model Express. He's going to bring some new & improved CCT roofs with him to either Cleckheaton or Telford :thumbs:. I also had a look at his Class 20 & Class 17's. Might be tempted in a class 17 :oops:

A couple of Plastikard part packs & a full pack of T section.

4 x Parkside box van bodies (To go on my lima chassis i won a couple of weeks ago on ebay).

Yet another lima mineral & a slaters PMV body for £5 !. Out of the 'make a sensible offer' box behind the E&T stand. Mineral was marked up £10 & the PMV £5 :thumbs:. Thanks to Phill :thumbs:

& last but not least, A sheet of metal nameplates, 30 in all. 47's, 50's,33's.

Slaters didnt have the bits i wanted either.

Steve :cool:

marsa69

Western Thunderer
Nice to meet up with peeps again but for myself my wallet stayed firmly shut :oops: ! Unless it was for coffee :)