LNER C12 for Monks Eleigh

Eastsidepilot

Western Thunderer
This loco was built for Michael Brooks some years ago by another builder and finished in basic black livery.
I was asked to sort some running problems, this involved re-building the bogie with sprung horn blocks, a proper bolster and side springing, and then to weather it.
The result is below.DSCF3105.JPG
ATB, Col.

Rob Pulham

Western Thunderer
Hi Colin,
Any chance of showing some of the detail of what you have done with it? In particular the side springing:thumbs:

mickoo

Western Thunderer
This loco was built for Michael Brooks some years ago by another builder and finished in basic black livery.
I was asked to sort some running problems, this involved re-building the bogie with sprung horn blocks, a proper bolster and side springing, and then to weather it.
The result is below.View attachment 25518
ATB, Col.

Careful!, you might actually get good at this malarky....oh wait...you already are LOL, nice work, very subtle weathering, I like the different matts, sheens and shines :thumbs:

Ressaldar

Western Thunderer
Hi Col,

very nice, subtle work and ticks all of the boxes. The 4-4-2t wheel arrangement is very neat, I especially like the ex LBSCR I3 in Olive green and also in BR lined black, although they were all gone by 1951 so there were not that many around by then.

cheers

Mike

Eastsidepilot

Western Thunderer
I 'aint got a clue who's kit it is, as I said in my original post it was built some time ago by another builder for Michael Brooks and I was asked to bring it up to date as it were.

Suppose it could be Gladiator?

Col.