Magazine Narrow Gauge and Industrial Review

adrian

Flying Squad
My copy dropped through the door today, along with that latest MRJ and mini Cooper World - so that's my weekend reading sorted! Agreed the "Rolling Ingot" is a brute of a machine and most apt description.
As an aside the latest MRJ is stunning as well - some excellent material and plenty of inspiration. I couldn't let it pass without this photo
I know many are dismissive of colourisation of old photo's but this evocative photo is sublime. Without sneaking a look anyone care to guess the scale - yes the lower photo is a model.

mrj - 1 (1).jpeg

The layout is a 2mmFS layout! :eek: The track detail and depth of the brook along side the railway is stunning. Well worth getting a copy.

Ian@StEnochs

Western Thunderer
Unfotunately the camera work mkes that unwatchable for me.

The camera work may be a little jerky but is that not how we look at a layout in the flesh?
I thoroughly enjoyed the few minutes I spent viewing the film, stopped and rewound a couple of times, and am very impressed with the quality of the modelling. The standout moment was the lorry stopping at the tee junction before pulling out. Not seen that done on any layout with working road vehicles before.
Ian.

Paul_H

The camera work may be a little jerky but is that not how we look at a layout in the flesh?
Not at all. Your brain and eyes hold your perceived vision steady and you're never normally aware of anything passing in and out of focus.
Most modern video cameras and phones have really good image stabilisation and when editing even further refinement can be made. Similarly auto exposure and auto focus can be over-ridden to get better results if people take care.
Disappointing that this layout wasn't shown better.