Not THAT Manning Wardle.....this one's S7 !!

John D

Western Thunderer
Late last year I spotted on e-bay a Slaters kit for the K class, nothing un-remarkable except that this one came with a set of wheels to S7 standards. Right,methinks, lets see what all this S7 malarkey's all about so I put a bid in and got it. I've been ,slowly, putting it together amongst all the other projects on the go and this is the end result........
[attachimg=1]
[attachimg=2]

The frames in the kit had been started but had been put together as for 7mm FS so I took them apart , made new spacers, and re-assembled them to the 'proper' width . The loco is powered by a Mashima motor fitted to a Branchlines gearbox  which all fits into the firebox.
      Having built it ,what next?. I went as far as acquiring a set of S7 tracks gauges  but in the cold light of day I'm not all that sure if I want to go any further with it . It's all very nice building things that are to the correct gauge etc.. but if that's all spot on then everything else must be also or it's a waste of time and any layout would take forever to build. Thus the loco may well return to from whence it came.....the Devil's playground  ;)

Attachments

• s7mw2.jpg
    s7mw2.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 69
  • s7mw.jpg
    s7mw.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 69

28ten

Guv'nor
Very nice  :thumbs: black with polished brass gives it bit of a JPS Lotus look  8)
I bet it seemed small after the 1/32 MW