7mm P-J's Workbench

P-J.S.

Good Afternoon all
One of the things I really like about this forum is that is very much about doing, and so far I’ve only shared current plans... so without further ado here is my 7mm SG modelling today.
Firstly are the photos of the two Slaters Midland Railway 8 Ton wagons that I built probably about 3-4 years ago couple of bits of 32mm gauge code 100 and balsa wood track to a 24” radius if I remember correctly.... very, very crudely built before I understood much about track work. I have since got a copy of An Approach to Building Finescale Track by Iain Rice which has done wonders for my understanding.

DSC03087.jpg

DSC03088.jpg

DSC03086.jpg

Since then nothing got done with the SG modelling as I have been faffing around with 0-14 and trying to get my plans for that to work. However as a bit of post exam relaxation I bought a Peco Toad which I’ve built up pretty much as per the instructions. I’ll fill the underside with lead shot, fully detail the interior and swap the wheelsets over for a S7 set I have in stock for it at home.

DSC_0678.jpg

DSC_0677.jpg

DSC_0676.jpg

Have to say that it was a lovely kit to build which just flew together. I will have a go at weathering it when I've done the rest on it. Next up on the stock built list at a few more Slaters wagons and another Peco kit.

Next post will be my 0-14 stock that I've been plodding on with. :)

Osgood

Western Thunderer
.....before I understood much about track work. I have since got a copy of An Approach to Building Finescale Track by Iain Rice which has done wonders for my understanding.......

Just a heads up that Simon's Titfield Thunderbolt Bookshop has a copy of this now out-of-print book in stock.

In fact his stock has been reduced by one this afternoon following P-J's post (not that I'm publicly owning up to not understanding much about track work .......:eek: :oops: ).