Photo Photo Collections

Discussion in 'Resources' started by 28ten, 28 February 2010.

1. Jordan

Jordan Mid-Western Thunderer

Hydraulic picture collection

Well i for one think Westerns were one of those locos that could look good in almost any livery... :thumbs:

(although maybe not some of the sillier modern ones... :?

2. 28ten

28ten Guv'nor

:thumbs:
    in an ideal world I would have all the liveries, but I will have to settle for Maroon and Blue

3. Phill Dyson

Phill Dyson Western Thunderer

:thumbs:
    in an ideal world I would have all the liveries, but I will have to settle for Maroon and Blue[/quote:ld4xbpqr]
    I think they look best in blue or maroon with full yellow ends, the full yellow ends suit the shape of a Western better IMO :cool:

4. downendian

downendian Guest

Gents
    Another recently released batch of early 1970s Hydraulic pics- just spent a very nice nostalgic hour going through them
    http://paultownsend.fotopic.net/c1697559_1.html
    Aahh the 1C63 Padd-Cardiff was always one I waited for.
    Neil

5. Phill Dyson

Yes they are already in my bulging 'My Pictures' files :laugh:
    Phill :wave:

6. marsa69

marsa69 Western Thunderer

7. 28ten

28ten Guv'nor

8. lancer1027

lancer1027 Western Thunderer

Green Hydraulics

I have already joined them Cynric. But as yet i hav'nt bought any images :rolleyes: Some cracking shots though :thumbs: :drool:

9. Brinkly

Brinkly Guest

Green Hydraulics

Ah Hudraulics in the proper colour! As the good GWR intended! :D

Regards,

Nick

10. Captain Kernow

Captain Kernow Western Thunderer

Green Hydraulics

What has proved mildly puzzling for me (apart from the long term effects of Johnson's Klear on 4mm ballast), is why the W.R. didn't appear to contemplate painting any Hymeks maroon. I think that the maroon livery really suited the Westerns and the Warships, it would have been intriguing to see a Hymek similarly painted, albeit I do agree that the two-tone green with SYP really suited them.

11. Jordan

Green Hydraulics

Funny isn't it..? Until you posted that it was something that had never ever crossed my mind... What a superb question- why didn't they do any maroon Hymeks..?!? :scratch: :shock: (unless they tried it one drunken Friday night hidden away in the back of Swindon Works and didn't like it once they'd sobered up... :p :lol: :thumbs: )

12. Captain Kernow

Captain Kernow Western Thunderer

Green Hydraulics

Given that someone was brave enough to paint a Hymek in 'Dutch' civil engineers livery a few years back (I hope my memory isn't deceiving me!), I wonder if one of the current owners would be prepared to take the plunge? Maroon with SYP might be rather fetching! D7018 perhaps??!! ;)

13. 28ten

28ten Guv'nor

Green Hydraulics

I would hazard a guess its because they were mixed traffic as opposed to express passenger locos.

14. Brinkly

Brinkly Guest

Green Hydraulics

Well that would make sense, although the autocoaches were painted in Crimson and Cream, when they were ment to be plain crimson! :D

15. Phill Dyson

Green Hydraulics

Well they got it right eventually & painted em all Blue :cool:

Phill :p

16. Jordan

Green Hydraulics

Yeah but the first version of blue was the best; with SYP and white window surrounds :thumbs: ... full yellow ends just ruined them again... :shit:

17. Brinkly

Brinkly Guest

Green Hydraulics

Nah Greens better! ;) :D

18. lancer1027

lancer1027 Western Thunderer

Green Hydraulics

Phill was right BLUE all the way :thumbs: ;) plus if green was best surely they would have kept that livery and not painted them BLUE ;) :lol:

19. Brinkly

Brinkly Guest

Green Hydraulics

Well nothing lasts forever does it! Although I will say that the old BR Blue livery is much better than modern day rubish! Bar the 1996-1998 Great Western Trains Livery! ;)